Smithmoor September BPCR

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor September BPCR

Post by jackrabbit » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Friends and Shooters,

We enjoyed a very nice day of shooting this past Saturday at Smithmoor Range. 9 Rifleman made it out to test their skills shooting BPCR silhouette. Conditions looked much easier than they were. The winds were gentle and fairly easy to read, but the mirage was fierce and seemed to give different results with each shot. There was plenty of head scratching going on.

Momma Lorraine was at a quilt show, but she thankfully left lunch for us. Coralee and Beth warmed it up and served it. Home made cabbage burgers were the main course, with a vegetable tray. Ed and Beth Himelhoch brought some super strawberry rhubarb crisp for desert. It was all really good, a giant thank you to all that helped with lunch. It was Doc Bement's birthday on Saturday as well and we had fun singing happy birthday to him. It made me smile that this was how Doc chose to spend his birthday.

We broke the shooters into Master/AAA class and AA/A class. Greg and Ed tied with 19's for first AA/A class and we settled it with reverse animal count making Greg 1st. In Master/AAA class Mark Pachares shot a solid 29 to be first, while I lucked out a 30 to be the match winner. Doc spotted for me and I always enjoy shooting with him. He is a first rate spotter and a just a lot of fun to shoot and hang out with. Thanks Doc!

We have a few matches coming up. The National BPTRA matches are this coming weekend at Byers Colorado. Good luck to everyone shooting and hopefully you guys have great conditions. Watkins silhouette match will be on Saturday Oct 2nd, and we plan on having a big bore silhouette match here at Smithmoor on Oct 16th. I hope to see everyone on the range!
take care my friends,
Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Michael Rix 5 7 6 7 25
Cody Smith 3 10 9 8 30 MW
JD Farmer 0 7 2 2 11
Doc Bement 2 10 9 5 26
Mark Pachares 3 10 9 7 29 1st
Dan Womer 3 8 7 7 25

Ed Himelhoch 1 9 6 3 19
Greg Bybee 4 6 3 6 19 1st
Steve Anderson 0 9 6 2 17