Was there a Match at Friendship this past weekend?

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Was there a Match at Friendship this past weekend?

Post by desert deuce » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Rumor there was supposed to be a silhouette match at Friendship this past week end. Did anyone attend and if so, did they shoot?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

John Bly

Re: Was there a Match at Friendship this past weekend?

Post by John Bly » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 pm

There was a match. I heard that Woody won the military match again. The wind blew fiercely on Saturday and most of the scores were quite low. Woody's winning score was only in the mid teens. I wasn't there. Maybe someone will post the scores.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:50 am

Lora usually sends me the scores for posting on Tuesday after the match. I will do a write-up and post them as soon as I get them.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Yes Virginia, we did have a match in Friendship this past weekend. The weatherman predicted rain for Friday for the .22 matches, but he was wrong. Heavy overcast and strong winds made for difficult shooting, but some cream rose to the top. We had a pretty good turnout considering the time of year and other matches coming up in the next week. Congratulations to Doug Gazeway and Keith Ux for a impressive pair of 35's.
October 2021 .22 scores resized.PNG
The promised rain finally came well after dark and was gone prior to sunrise on Saturday. It did bring some strong wind to make for a challenging day.
Saturday was also the Military Rifle Money Match. This is a match within the match for black powder military rifles. We had five trapdoors and one Peabody on the line to compete. Scores for all rifles suffered because of the strong shifting wind conditions, but Woody did pull it out again to take the military rifle match. John Wier of Michigan took the overall honors with a 27.
Sat. Oct 2021 iron scores resized.PNG
Sundays results are posted next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:15 pm

Sunday had none of rain threat or high winds. Clear cool and calm in the morning. The wind did pick up as the day warmed and surprisingly the scores were lower than expected.
Sun. Oct. 2021 scope scores resized.PNG
Sun. Oct 2021 iron scores resized.PNG
Congrats to Steve Hubbard with his overall win on Sunday.

One more match at Friendship this year. November's match is only a couple of weeks away. 5,6,and 7 November. Be there.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood