Quigley 2012 Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bryany

Quigley 2012 Results

Post by bryany » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:28 pm

“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain

semtav

Re: Quigley 2012 Results

Post by semtav » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:01 pm

I thought my daughter sounded a little disappointed with her score (30). Looks like that wasn't too bad of score after all. !! :D

Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I would have been VERY PLEASED if I shot a "30" at the "Q".......... :lol:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"

bobw

Post by bobw » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:39 am

Lumpy, wish you coulda been there. I'll bet when all was done and said there was more than a few who shook their head and said to themselves "never again". The wind of course made a challenging match and then Al donating all the topsoil you want to take home was the icing on the cake so to speak. After cleaning my self and gear up ,I had enuf dirt to start a tomato plant in.Youth allways like to make progress in large leaps and end up on top :) Brian's daughter is a good shot and shoots better every year,but then she still has to compete with Linda Clendenon , Sarah Coker and Tiffany Sage who I'd put my money on next year(she shoots black and her and Harlan shoot alot). Shoot results don't allways tell the whole story,for instance you add Buzz's and Sarah's score together and they whack the father daughter winners by 11 points,just like them to step aside and let others win too.The conditions were tough, I look thru the score sheets and see alot of people who have shot better than my self in the past and not so this year. 2 years ago with my 40 I shot a 22 and fully expected to shoot 30 or more this year with my 2 7/8" yet still shot a 22. When I look on the results I see I am in the top 1/3 where I have never placed before. The wind and dust beat up alot of people score wise. The very adversity of the conditions helps make you a better more experienced shooter not windless,dustless,perfect weather days when the bullets go where you want them everytime. The conditions when we shot the offhand were just about the worse I've experienced there,you just played hell trying for a steady sight picture. First thing in the morning those on the buffalo and the bucket got a little break and that's when some of the better scores on those targets got posted. No matter where you were though you still had the same wind as all others on some of the targets. My shooting pard was doing well till we hit the offhand and finished on the buffalo. Lot of similar stories out there. You need to keep the wife working, steal her 40 mpg car,buy a tent and get your butt back to Forsyth next year, life will pass you by if you let it. bobw
bobw

Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

If'n I were to take her "ride".......I'll hav'ta move in with YOU after the "Q"....... :lol: :lol:
Gary

shovel80

Post by shovel80 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:50 pm

I've never been to the quigley yet, hopefully one day!...but, I've got a friend who has been many times who shoots at the Action Pistol Shoot I run at our Gun Club. I talked to him at our Pistol Shoot today, and he said it was a Great Time! He Placed # 69 with a Shiloh in .45-70.. :D

Terry :D

Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:11 pm

When my wife and I shot the "Q" in 2010 it was then and still is some of the best time we ever had on any vacation. 8)
Got to spend 3+ weeks in Wy. and Mt. on that trip. :D
Gary

losttrail

Post by losttrail » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 am

I shot my first ever BPCR at Quigley this year, thanks to my oldest brother. He has given me yet another addiction to an already overwhelming habit.

Started out with the rifle he gave me, C. Sharps 1875 Sporter in .40-65. We spent the previous 4 days figuring out powder, load, bullet and finally came up with 51 gr of Schuetzen 2F pushing a 420gr 'Mnoey' bullet from Big Sky Components (uses the Buffalo Arms mould) with SPG lube.

Day 1: 5/8 @ 600yds; 3/8 @ 530yds; 4/8 @ 405yds.

Day 2: 5/8 @ 417 yds; 0/8 @ 350 off-hand (firing pin broke after 4th shot so I had to finish the match using my brothers Pedersolli Quigley in .45-70); 0/8 @ 805 (again using my brothers rifle).

I was pretty disappointed with the results of the last two targets especially since I was ringing the bison 6 or 7 out of 8 times on Thurs & Fri. Oh well, I got a great experience, met some wonderful people including Steve Garbe, and learned a ton about loading BP, casting bullets, shooting BPCR, but most of all spending a week with my brother.

When I got home I informed my wife and daughters that from here on, my Father's Day present is shooting the Quigley. I wish I would have tried this years ago.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander