BPCR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

lefteye

BPCR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by lefteye » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 am

When cn we expext the NRA to publish the COMPLETE scores for scope and iron sights?
keep smiling :D

Brent

Re: BPCR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by Brent » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:55 am

February
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"

lefteye

Post by lefteye » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am

Unfortunately, Brent, you might be right. As I said before, not seeing results is like bowling without seeing the pins fall.
In todays instantaneous computer quickness it should be a snap to publish results.

Brent

Post by Brent » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 am

One of the biggest problems the NRA nationals has, is the inability or unwillingness of properly computerize their scoring system. This cause near disaster at the lever gun match and it was a problem that slowed the BPCR too. On top of that, it makes it impossible for shooters to know if they are involved in a shoot off in a timely fashion. The result being that many shooters forfeit shoot-off situations.

The except to this is the BPTR long range stuff. Jonathan has all scoring properly computerized and things happen in real time. As a result, all competitors go home with the final results on their one personal thumb-drive that is given to them at the end of the match.

It really will be late fall or winter before the paper copies of the results of BPCR trickle down to the shooters at home. It will cost the NRA a bundle in postage and a whole lot of personnel time to assemble all those copies. Eventually this will change, but it may be a while yet. I've noticed that very very few regional matches are well computerized and sometimes mistakes are made. There seems to be a lot of resistance to computerizing but perhaps one day, it will become the norm. Of course, at regionals, the smaller number of shooters makes things much easier to do the "old way".

All that aside, the Nationals were very well run this year. I will not be missing out on next year.
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"

Oregon Bill

Post by Oregon Bill » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 am

This kind of thing makes me want to see Wayne LaPierre get a pants-down spanking from a liberal lesbian ... just sayin' ...

lefteye

Post by lefteye » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Brent,

If you are interested, you and I need to make specific recommendations to the NRA. I would rather be progressively constructive and, as you know, coplaining alone does not get us anywhere.

My email is schatti@rof.net and the sooner we can get going on this, the better all of us will be. What do you say?

Klaus Schattleitner
Grand Junction, CO

(There is another Klaus floating around o this blog)

Brent

Post by Brent » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:31 pm

email is incoming Klaus. I'm off line for now though. Need to see the eye-doc and then go shoot some trap and drink a beer.

Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Dan'l,

I'm glad you mentioned Seth. He is a unsung hero in this game and a compliment to Jonathan. As I fully realize, you can not do it by yourself..............................Jim
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………

Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Dan Being glad you mentioned Seth is an understatement! Seth is a volunteer. He is skilled and motivated. I have never spoken to Seth without him being courteous. He was knowledgeable in what questions I have asked of him. What he did not know he duly indicated and found out the correct answer. From what I have seen, he is our sport, at it's finest. Giving Jonathon equal billing is an injustice to Seth. Jonathon is a paid "professional". He had two years to prepare for being in charge. The first year he was in charge it was an unmitigated disaster. Since time it has improved. However how could you possibly think that Jonathon has hit the level we should expect at the Nationals? Last year we had the little item of having a Pedersoli prize rifle advertised but NO rifle. NO official explanation. We do not want to forget that Jonathon's lack of knowledge in regards to the rules, he is PAID to know, caused a Jr. shooter to be wrongfully disqualified. Giving congratulations to individuals that have it coming is considerate and appropriate. Giving it to those who are not is called "patronizing". Take care Raymond Hanson

SSShooter

Post by SSShooter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:15 am

lefteye wrote:Brent,
If you are interested, you and I need to make specific recommendations to the NRA. I would rather be progressively constructive and, as you know, coplaining alone does not get us anywhere.
My email is schatti@rof.net and the sooner we can get going on this, the better all of us will be. What do you say?
Klaus Schattleitner
Grand Junction, CO
Your e-mail is bouncing as you are "over quota". Perhaps an indication as to why the scores are not yet computerized.
Glenn