Miami BPCR Club Championship Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Miami BPCR Club Championship Match

Post by Woody » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 am

The Miami BPCR Championship Match for 2012 is in the books. With Tropical moisture threatening to drown everyone, 25ish intreped competitors showed up in Friendship, Indiana to via for the top shooter in a two day 120 round Aggrigate match. The daily totals are pictured below.

[img]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]

The rain held off and proved the weatherman wrong. A few showers, but not enough to dampen the spirits of the shooters.

Day one irons was taken by Jim Schride of IL with a 40. Woody posted a 43 shooting in scope.

Day two dawned overcast with several shooters vowing to overtake the leaders.

Matt Harris did serge to the front posting an impressive 48 to win day two irons and a 87 two day total.

Bob Wetzler led day two scope posting a 44 but not quite enough to unseat Woody for the scope aggregate. Woody posted another 43 for a two day agg of 86 beating Wetzler by one point.

Shooters from IN, KY, MI, OH, IL, and TN were represented. Don't miss the October Miami match and bring your trapdoor for the military rifle challenge. Any Black Powder as issued military rifle is welcome.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.

lefteye

Re: Miami BPCR Club Championship Match

Post by lefteye » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 am

Very nice shooting, congratulations, Woody!
keep smiling :D

whoop-up country

Post by whoop-up country » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:33 pm

NICE SHOOTING Woody :!:
It is always nice to post the scores, and blow your own horn at the same time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But the scores don't lie, so WELL DONE :!:

Bob.

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Congrats to Matt Harris. He not only came from behind to win the agg, but he is the only one to post a master score.

Woody
Richard A. Wood

Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 am

Well done Woody :!:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"

choken

Post by choken » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Good shootin' Matt and Woody !!!! Ya'll made it look easy...it wasn't !!!!

John Bly

Post by John Bly » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Hey Choken, are you coming to the KY match? I'd like to see you there. You're in Tennessee and you drive thru KY to get to Indiana. Come support your neighbors. I'll have to get Woody to twist your elbow. He said several from Friendship are coming and 4 or 5 from MI are also. Those southern VA guys will be there and John Boy and Billy from NC. We're going to have a grand time.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"

choken

Post by choken » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 pm

John , I'd really like to , but I've gotta help my daughter move one more time !!!! I'd rather have a case of the clap !!!

Ulus

Post by Ulus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Woody you seem to have good results with the scope. I can relate that there is a definate learning curve with the scope. I recall an article you wrote in the Cartridge News. I think the wantabe scope shooters could profit from a through article from you on this sudject as well.

Ulus

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Ulus,

So you are the one who read that article. :lol: I think I'm in the minority on how I manage a scope. I believe in the knobs. I treat the scope just like an iron sight and adjust the scope for each condition change. My point of aim is always the same. My spotter doesn't have to change his spotting method at all. It's the same. Scope or Irons. In observing and talking with other scope shooters, I think most hold off during condition changes. MVA put those knobs on there for me to crank :D , and I'm going to crank them. :lol: :lol:

Woody
Richard A. Wood