Woody wins Kentucky State match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

John Bly

Woody wins Kentucky State match

Post by John Bly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:34 am

Woody won the Kentucky State match this past weekend in Ashland KY with a combined score of 55. Brad Hurt and Mike Patterson shot off for 2nd and 3rd with Brad Hurt taking 2nd. It was a tough match with windy conditions especially on Saturday. Saturdays high score was a 28 and it was the only AAA score. Everyone else shot a AA score or less. Woody pulled a 32 out on Sunday to beat us all soundly.

The match was well attended with shooters from Florida to Michigan and quite a few states in between. I think it was the biggest turnout ever for a Kentucky match. It was good to meet new shooters and reconnect with others I've met before.

Mike Patterson won the chicken pool with 5 chickens on Saturday. Brad hurt shot 6 chickens on Sunday including a 5 in a row on the 2nd bank and won the chicken pool. Mike Patterson won the chicken bowling on Sat evening.

I got home late and I'll try to post scores tomorrow.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"

Steve Rhoades

Re: Woody wins Kentucky State match

Post by Steve Rhoades » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 am

Woody,
Good shooting dude!!!!
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB

Michael Rix

Post by Michael Rix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

Great shooting Woody! :!:
"Vegetarian" Old Indian word meaning lousy hunter.

Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 am

Congrats Woody!
Keith Lay

Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:22 am

Woody,

Congrats..............Don't those Master scores feel good? :) .......................................Jim
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………

CO

Post by CO » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Congratulations Woody!! Everyone here is hoping you peaked 1 month early,
CO

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm

I got a match report from Greg today. I'll post it below.

It was a challanging match. Mike Patterson was my spotter and he did one fantastic job keeping me on steel both days. I shot my old reliable 45-70 High Wall in the Iron Sight match. Greg Pennell won the scope side of the contest.

Co,

I hope I haven't peaked yet. :D

Woody

Match Report from Greg Pennell:

All,

First off, thanks again for coming out to play with us at our little range in the hills of Cannonsburg, KY. We had a great turn-out, with 33 shooters total over the two days of shooting. We had shooters from Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, North Carolina, Florida (!) and Michigan...WOW! I hope everyone's drive home was safe.

Saturday the conditions were pretty rough, and the scores for the day reflected that. A constant threat of rain as a cold front blew through, and rapidly switching, swirling headwinds of 20+ mph made the day tough for most shooters. But, the scores overall were pretty close and set the stage for a shoot-out on Sunday.

Sunday was clear and cool, and much calmer...just a great day for shooting. The range gremlins just wouldn't completely give in, and still left shooters scratching their heads at times. We did have to award a 5-chicken pin, to Brad Hurt...his first and only the second ever awarded from our range.

When the smoke from the final relay cleared, and the shoot-off was over, the 2012 KY State Champion, Iron Sights Division was Richard Wood (Woody). A tie for second in Iron Sights went to a shoot-off between Brad Hurt and Mike Patterson, with Brad coming out as the Runner-up in Irons, and Mike as Third Irons.

In the Scope Division, the 2012 KY State Champion was Greg Pennell. Runner-up in Scope went to Steve Decker, and just one point behind Steve was Kim Kelly in Third Scope.

Congrats to these, and all the rest of the class winners! We had a ball hosting you guys, and sincerely hope to see each and every one back next year! Have a safe off-season, and we'll fire things up again starting the fourth weekend in March, 2013.

Thanks,

Greg
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.

Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 pm

An addendum.........................

....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………

bpcrmatt

Post by bpcrmatt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey woody how's the view now? :lol: Way to go!!!!

Matt

Ted Tompkins

Post by Ted Tompkins » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Well done Woody!! Congratulations!!!

Ted
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers 1879 -1935

John Bly

Post by John Bly » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:28 am

I watched Woody shoot turkeys on Sunday with Mike Patterson spotting for him. Anyone who knows Mike knows he's not a really talkative fellow. He's the same with his spotting. He only told Woody what he needed to know and nothing more. He would say something like "Come a minute left and take your shot". Woody got 9 turkeys. You hear some spotters telling the shooter all kinds of things and putting the shooter in information overload. I like they way they keep it simple. If a slight condition change is not going to move the shooter off the animal don't tell them about it. If you're shooting pigs you don't care what the turkey wind flag is doing. Sometimes there in KY this past weekend all four wind flags were going in different directions. Saturday was a tough shooting day as the scores reflect.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"

lefteye

Post by lefteye » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

Congratulations, Woody! Great score.

Klaus
keep smiling :D

DeadEye_Ty

Post by DeadEye_Ty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Congratulations WOODY!!! :D

Way to go! Wish I could have made it there, or for that fact any range to shoot...LOL

deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Atta boy Mr Woody! Tell Patterson good job on the glass.

Best, barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:08 pm

He did do a great job telling me what to do. Mike spotted for two in KY. He spotted for Mark Finney also. Mark is a new shooter that Mike has taken under his wing and Mark is responding to his mentoring.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.