2012 S.E. Regional BPTR/BPCR Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

2012 S.E. Regional BPTR/BPCR Championship

Post by Jim Kidwell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Well, another Regional is in the past and another great time was had. I have to say I have had the honor to have met some of my best friends through this sport. My only regret is, I did not get into it earlier in my life. We had a nine year old “Sub Junior” (Brandon Outler) entered who tied a National NRA record. I watched him endear himself with everyone with his well mannered demeanor. What a pleasure to meet a youngster so well respectful of his elders. Some even made long treks to attend this year to support the Regional and meet some of our local competitors who are not as fortunate to be able to travel. Hopefully, new friendships were generated.
We were blessed with great weather for the first three days, with temperatures in the mid to high seventies, light variable winds and mostly clear skies. Sunday we awoke with some residual Hurricane Sandy effects: overcast skies, a lull in the wind, light in and out fog, a few showers, temperatures in the low fifties with a high humidity causing a low chill factor. All of this caused poor visibility at times due to the lingering smoke and fog. Scope shooters were also experiencing poor visibility.
There were great scores posted with some records nearly broken. Doug Gazaway managed to break his own 300 Yard Scope record, from 100-4X to 100-8X. He, also, won The Overall Championship. He's had a hell of a year. :)

Next year, hopefully, we can double the entries to 96. This year I had 32 entries I had to turn down. We will work it out…………………………………………………Jim

Mid Range Results:

Silhouette Results:

....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………

Woody

Re: 2012 S.E. Regional BPTR/BPCR Championship

Post by Woody » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm

A great time was had. We'll be back next year.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.

GS4570

Post by GS4570 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 pm

The Southeastern Regionals could only be topped if there were dancing girls and a beer truck. I'm guessing they got lost en route to the range. Seriously though, I was a great time with a great bunch of folks. The Kidwells and all else who helped out deserve a big thank you! If it is planned to double the attendance next year, I feel certain that it'll be quick to fill up. I'll be there.

Graham Stewart

deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Here is a tidbit of useless info.....

Every match, mid range and silhoutte, iron and scope, with one exception, was won with a 40-65. Jim Murphy won mid range position with a 45-70.

Good shooting by all the winners.

Best, DB
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.

Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Here are some pics from the Regional. Sorry for the omissions of Steve Christiansen ( 2nd Open Position MR) and Bob Wetzler (3rd Expert Scope MR). Some Teenage girls stole them when I was not looking. :wink: ...............................................Jim
http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/j ... 20Regional
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………