January Watkins Silhouette Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

January Watkins Silhouette Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Here is today's report,
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watkins, Colorado January 5, 2013 BPCR Match

The January BPCR Silhouette Match started out crisp and clear! The air warmed up to a high of 42 degrees before we were through with the match. We had a low shooter turnout due to the expected morning cold air but the lack of winds and full sun made for a great day of shooting! About the largest wind call heard from spotters all day was for one and a half minutes. Some relays no changes were needed ALL relay! Wow, wow, wow! What a day. On the other hand, many riflemen were having some high-low problems thought due to the cold barrels warming up as shooting progressed.

We had an equal number of iron sight and scoped rifles shooting so we all agreed to shoot the match as an “any sight” match and lump everyone together.

Eron Ahmer won the match using irons on his 40-65 Browning shooting a 31

Klaus toped AAA with his scoped Browning shooting a 27

Dave Carriker lead in AA shooting a scoped Rem. Roller with a score of 22

-Michael Rix, Match Director, Golden Gun Club

Below are the scores:

Watkins Jan. 6th, 2013

Name Class Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place

Master
Eron Ahmer M 5 10 7 9 31 MW
Michael Rix scope 5 10 8 6 29

AAA
Jim Farmer AAA 4 2 1 3 10
Doug Gray scope 1 8 7 5 21
Joe Kapler scope 0 8 8 10 26
Klaus Schattleitner AAA 3 10 7 7 27 1st
Cody Smith AAA 2 7 9 4 22

AA
Dave Carriker scope 1 9 7 5 22 1st
Wayne Clipp AA 0 6 2 6 14
Dick Hennebry scope 1 7 6 8 22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again, Mike, for putting on the shoot!
krgriggs

Re: January Watkins Silhouette Match

Post by krgriggs »

Wow, Browning was the rifle to shoot that weekend. Didn't come to Colorado again. Barry to busy testing his paper patch loads I guess! I don't think he will have any rifling in his barrel when he is done. He told me he already went through a case of powder this winter!