RBGC February Match Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

RBGC February Match Results

Post by Jim Kidwell »

The February match is usually a winter break for some of our Northern friends, but with the weather conditions last Friday, many were missing. We were expecting shooters from Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin, but they were iced in. We suffered some overlapping conditions such as rain. The rain stopped before the first shot was fired, but it left a chill in the air. Temps started out in the low 40's and ended in the 50's. The high humidity still made it seem cooler. Skies were overcast with nil winds, which caused a lot of hanging smoke early on. Later light and variable winds finally cleared the smoke.

Steve Christiansen was match winner with a 33 and six chickens. Matt Harris was right on his heels winning 1st Scope with a 32 and a 5-in-a-row Chicken pin. Steve was flying high, but Matt reminded him that people always remember someone with a 5-chicken pin more than just 6 chickens. :lol: :lol: David Barfield has been on a roll of late. He shot his first Master score with a 31. I doubt his second will be far behind. Everything has come together and this could be his year. We ended up with 36 shooters and would of had over 40, if our Northern neighbors could have made it.

At Sunday's Mid Range match, we woke up with a thick fog, but it burned off fast. We had great weather with the temperature in the mid to high 60's, clear skies and tricky head winds. There were gusts up to 15-20 when we finally reached the 600 line. An absolutely gorgeous day for the 34 shooters to get a tan. :)

The winds didn't bother Mike Patterson who was match winner with a 284 - 8X. Richard Zago, who hasn't shot a match since 2004 and was using ammo left over from Raton that year, was 1st Iron with a 280 - 9X. I guess this game is like riding a bike. David Barfield just keeps on ticking, winning 1st Scope with a 280 - 6X. We had a "King of the Hill" pool for high score at the 600 line. It was a toss up between Mike Patterson and myself with twin 86 - 1X's. Both of us got rammed with the rigged rod of reality when Jason Bass edged us out with an 87. :) He took home the $210.00 pot. Jim Murphy was right in there, but he thought it wise by not entering. :cry:

We were planning a two day Silhouette match in April, but with some of us attending the TX State Match, I am cancelling the match. The two day matches always appeal to the out-of towners, so I thought I had better advertise it on this board. All the other monthly matches are still scheduled.......................Jim

....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
choken

Re: RBGC February Match Results

Post by choken »

Jim, What a great turnout for February ! I really hated missing Richard Zago's coming out party !!! Good shooting all !!!
bpcrmatt

Post by bpcrmatt »

Maybe Barvid could give his account of the chicken that would not die.
deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Dang you Matt, I am trying to forget about the dang turned chick that did not fall.

Oh yeah, I had one of the best spotter/coach's in the business holding my hand all weekend. Doug Gzaway was my shooting pardner all weekend. And my scores were better because of it! Thanks Doug!

I must tell you folks one thing, BPCR at River Bend is top shelf fun. If you ain't been there, or aren't planning a trip to shoot a match, you are missing out! Jim and his crew do a GREAT job running a match!

Dan, I will confess my secret exercise that has improved my scores...............are you ready???????

Spoken like Mr Miaggi did in the Karate Kid, "flinch on, flinch off, flinch on, flinch off" :D

Best, Barvid Dayfield
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
deerhuntsheatmeup

Same load and rifle,

Browning 40-65, 66 gr 1.5 Swiss, Fed GM LP primer .060 fiber wad, and the Clean bullet. Neck tension is applied by a final run thru a modified FL die that has had the top milled off, so all that bullet can pass thru. Brass is Rem 45-70 reformed for me by Doc Lay. Scope is a MVA A5 with type 2 mounts and center less mil dot reticle. Scope is mounted on a Steve Earle 1 pc base that mounts to the existing scope mount holes that are drilled at the factory. Trigger is 9 oz. and was done by me, with some good instruction from the Left Coast.

That is all their is to it.

Thanks for the kind words. Barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
Skip

Post by Skip »

Matt, I can still see that clean rail on the chicken line. Good job, Bro.
No Guts, No Glory!
deerhuntsheatmeup

Thanks for the reminder Skip, yeah Matt did a great job Sat and a 32 is a great score. 5 chik pins are HARD to come by.

Best, DB
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society