RBGC March Match Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

RBGC March Match Results

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I thought the February match would be the last of the winter weather, but we were greeted with heavy rain, thunder and lightning with fog to top it all off. The thermometers were reading 48°, but with high humidity it felt like it was in the low 30’s. We had to wait for the rain to quit and it finally ended by 10:00am. The twitchy winds then took over. Oh well.

The twenty hearty shooters who turned up, used their time wisely and switched their iron sights for the scopes. I have never seen so many screw drivers spinning. It looked like a tool shop at the cleaning tables. :lol: . With the dark overcast skies, the largest front apertures would not gather enough light. Steve Christiansen managed a 27 with his irons, but complained (bitched) all day that he didn’t bring his scope.

Speaking of scopes, some of us had equipment problems along the way. On pigs, my spotter kept giving me vertical adjustments and I faithfully obeyed, but nothing was happening. We were checking for loose mounts, etc., but to no avail. I finally discovered the elevation tension (?) nut came loose, but it was too late. My spotter also mentioned I had other loose screws. :-( Gazaway had his problem at the ram line and it probably cost him the match. I forgot to ask him what it was, because it was out of character for him.

All in all, it was a fun match, but at times I was envious of the shooters who woke up to the rain and just rolled over in bed. :mrgreen: ...............................Jim

....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Woody

Re: RBGC March Match Results

Post by Woody »

I see Matt is still nailing those chickens. The man is on a mission.

Congrats to Steve for the win.

We had one scope elevation "jam" nut losen at Friendship last week.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

From the looks of your score Kidwell you should have stayed in bed!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
Jody Reb

Post by Jody Reb »

If ever there was a weak spot on the MVA scope mounts, it's that tiny nut. I've had to send mine back twice. This time it appears to be holding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dale
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Congrats to all, even Woody for his win in Friendship.

I had the problem on the MVA with the windage nut backing off. After the second time having it 'factory' tightened Jim put a second lock nut on it for me. No problem since.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."