2014 NMLRA BPCR Silhouette Regional

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jachin

2014 NMLRA BPCR Silhouette Regional

Post by Jachin »

This weekend was the first annual NMLRA BPCR Regional Championship Match at Friendship Indiana. We were blessed with a grand turn out of 61 registered shooters representing 11 states from Wisconsin to Florida. I would have to say that the weather semi-cooperated with a cold wind Saturday and a beautiful day Sunday.
The participants were treated to a catered meal on Saturday night as well as a drawing for many great prizes. The support of our suppliers is always amazing and this match was no different with a Montana Vintage Arms scope, a Shiloh Sharps Rifle, and many other far too numerous to list here.

As you can see, there were some pretty impressive scores turned in. The Friendship range usually has a few surprises in the wind/mirage categories to keep things interesting but this weekend many of the shooters had it figured out.

One of the shooting highlights of the match was watching Jerry English pick up a 5 chicken pin. I think his first and I know it is only the third one I have handed out in several years of directing. Well Done Jerry
Congrats to Matt Harris for turning in a monster score for the two days. Well Done.

Again, this was the first annual and next year it will take place on May 16th and 17th. The entry forms will show up on http://www.NMLRA.org when the time comes.
If you weren't there you missed a grand time. Come out with us next year.

Finally, Thanks Kindly to all who helped make the match a huge success and there are many.

SCORE SHEET
____________________ NMLRA 2014 BPCR Silhouette Regional
CHICKENS PIGS TURKEYS RAMS SAT. SUN. GRAND
Name Class Sat Sun Sat Sun Sat Sun Sat Sun TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL
Aggregate Winners
Iron Sights
1 Doug Gazaway master 2 2 9 10 9 7 9 9 29 28 54
2 Mike Patterson master 3 4 7 8 9 6 9 8 28 26 54
3 Ken Pointer AAA 2 5 10 8 5 7 9 8 26 28 54

Scope Sights
1 Matt Harris master 4 5 10 10 8 8 9 9 31 32 63
2 Mark Finney AAA 4 3 9 9 6 2 10 10 29 24 53
3 Gerald Parkes AAA 3 2 10 8 5 6 9 10 27 26 53

Class Winners
Iron Sights
Doug Gazaway master 2 2 9 10 9 7 9 9 29 28 54
Ken Pointer AAA 2 5 10 8 5 7 9 8 26 28 54
Tracy Vannatta AA 5 2 9 10 3 7 8 5 25 24 40
T.A. Smith A/B 2 4 8 9 2 6 4 5 16 24 40

Scope Sights
Matt Harris master 4 5 10 10 8 8 9 9 31 32 63
Mark Finney AAA 4 3 9 9 6 2 10 10 29 24 53
Richard McDonald AA 0 1 9 10 7 7 8 4 24 22 46
Robert Frame A/B 3 1 8 5 2 3 4 6 17 15 32
Jachin

Re: 2014 NMLRA BPCR Silhouette Regional

Post by Jachin »

Oooops.......Gazaway's score should be 57 NOT 54. That's what I get for using my head instead of formulas. Sorry
Mike
Woody

Post by Woody »

Thanks Mike for a monster time. It could not have happened without your effort. Sorry I embarrassed you. :lol:

Congrats to Doug for his win and to Matt for his. I had the pleasure to shoot next to Matt and Ken (Choken) and on a few occasions listened in to Ken's instructions to get a clue when I was clueless.

Woody

Of note was Mark Finney's fopah on his last relay. You will notice a 2 recorded for his day two turkey score. He placed double the elevation on his scope and couldn't figure it out until I asked him what his turkey setting should be during the reset. He finally got sighted in enough to hit the last two. Apparently Mike Patterson, (who had just spotted for Mark) didn't learn anything, because he had his pig setting on his sights when starting turkeys. He managed to squeak out 6 after figuring out why his spotter couldn't see any strikes. While I'm ragging on Mike and Mark, the third man in that mix, Jim Shride first cross fired on my bank, (5) and then the very next shot was on bank 3. He was on bank 4. At least they figured that out pretty quick.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
choken

Post by choken »

Another atta boy to Mike and the Friendship crew....I've been shooting BPCR at Friendship for the past decade and this past weekend the range was in better shape than I've ever seen it . It looked like a post card !!! Nothing like a bunch of out-of-town company coming in to get you to clean house !!!!
CO

Post by CO »

Mike, Jim, Woody and all others involved in the regional at Friendship, sure put on a great match. As we travel around this country, rarely are we made to feel as welcome as at Friendship. They have a picture postcard range in superb condition, but it was the people that made it such a success. Not only did they have good people doing the grunt work, but such a great bunch of shooters. Kidwell and myself kinda stunk the place up, but no one had more fun. Thanks to everyone involved in putting on this great match. CO
Woody

Post by Woody »

Charles, thanks for the cudo's, but I did very little. Mike Hoke coordinated with Morgan at the NMLRA to make this happen. Mike Patterson and Joe Hill donated flags and the lime for the berms and Bob Wetzler and the staff at the NMLRA groomed everything to perfection. Jim Davis did a lot of the grunt work to round up sponsers etc. I just showed up, painted a few animals, watched Jim cook and took the bows. Mike and Jim figured out what I was best at. :shock:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Anyone have a picture of the NMLRA silhouette range they can post. Just curious.
"So many liberals, and so little time to teach them how to balance a checkbook." (Unknown)
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Look under "Black Powder Shooting" then "Friendship Regional" page 2. You'll find a few pictures. Don't pay any attention to those GA guys.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Hats off to Doug and Matt. Also, to Steve and Ken for obviously doing a great job spotting.

Best, Barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.