Ridgway PA June Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

45bpcr

Ridgway PA June Results

Post by 45bpcr »

Sorry to take so long to post this but there are time that life gets in the way of important things, like shooting!

PA State Championship Results - Ridgway BPCR
June 2014

The June PA State Championship is behind us now and it was a great shoot!

It was a 60 shot format over the course of two days, with the aggregate score determining the PA state championship. Conditions were strange for Ridgway this year. We had beautiful weather, very little wind and almost no mirage. The firing line was nearly silent during the relays as there were hardly any conditions to call. With 20 shooters, we were able to run the match with 3 relays on one set of animals at a time so the match moved along quite well.

Dave Heeter was the overall winner and PA State Champion with an aggregate score of 99. Good shootin' Dave! Brian Chilson took 2nd Open with an aggregate of 96, and Bob Bloyer took 3rd Open with an 86. Mark Chronister won the Scope class with a total score of 91. Good shootin' guys! See below for the full results.

We also welcomed two great shooters who were new to Ridgway. Kenny White from West Virginia was High Senior with an aggregate score of 88. But 11 year old Jace Haagen stole the show as our sub-junior shooter. Jace was shooting his Grand-Dad's scoped CPA 44 1/2 chambered in 38-55. Jace managed to tip over 14 pigs on his first day to earn a Grand Slam. Awesome shootin' Jace!

We gave away some Swiss 1 1/2 powder, some primers, some bullets, 3 gift certificates for Black Powder News, a gift certificate from Starline Brass and tool kits from Brownell's as prizes. Dave and Mark took home beautiful trophies donated by John O'Donnell.

Kermit Hoke donated a full sized 45 ACP cartridge made from silver and a C-note to be raffled off. Thanks John and Kermit, and thanks to our sponsors as well.

As always, I'd like to thank all the folks that pitched in to help by calling the line, setting targets, cleaning the club house and taking out the trash. We couldn't have these shoots if it wasn't for folks like you helping out.

Sincerely,
Craig Duncan
Match Director, Ridgway BPCR
cduncan@duncansauto.com
603-434-5796 (weekdays)
603-845-9727 (cell)
June match.jpg
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils
John Bly

Re: Ridgway PA June Results

Post by John Bly »

Wow! 9 chickens, 15 pigs, 14 turkeys and 14 rams is some shooting. It's a good thing that Heeter guy doesn't wander out of PA to shoot. He could do well anywhere if he beats Brian Chilson at his home range. I've been there and seen him at his best. Maybe he could go on a goodwill tour like Gazeway and gain some recognition.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
45bpcr

Post by 45bpcr »

John,
If you ever have the chance, watch Brian shoot a match at Ridgway. You'll see how much time he devotes to helping other shooters better themselves.

Craig
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

45bpcr wrote:John,
If you ever have the chance, watch Brian shoot a match at Ridgway. You'll see how much time he devotes to helping other shooters better themselves.
Craig
Could not agree more. Brian is a great representative of our sport and always has time to help others.
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Craig, I've been shooting with Brian since 1992 and lots of times at Ridgway, just not since you've been there. I was there when he shot his perfect score. I know how much he puts into it. I hope to make it to Ridgway again one day soon.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"