Ridgway July Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

45bpcr

Ridgway July Results

Post by 45bpcr »

July Match Results - Ridgway BPCR
July 2014
Congratulations to Dave Heeter, winner of the July match with a score of 30. Rodney Barton took 2nd Open with a 26, edging out Mike Shamonsky at 25. Roger Tremba and Grant Rogers both shot a 25 scope, with Roger winning First Scope on chickens.
The weather was perfect, with partly cloudy skies, light variable winds, and temperatures in the 70s. Attendance was light, though we had an unexpected guest - a black bear near the 200m line where there are plenty of ripe blackberries. We need more bear scarers, so please join us in August!

As always, I'd like to thank all the folks that pitched in to help by calling the line, setting targets, cleaning the club house and taking out the trash. We couldn't have these shoots if it wasn't for folks like you helping out.

Sincerely,
Craig Duncan

Match Director, Ridgway BPCR

cduncan@duncansauto.com

603-434-5796 (weekdays)

603-845-9727 (cell)
July Match.jpg
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils
SSShooter

Re: Ridgway July Results

Post by SSShooter »

Anyone heard the scores from the Sept Eastern Regional at Ridgway? Heard there was some pretty good shooting.
Glenn
45bpcr

Re: Ridgway July Results

Post by 45bpcr »

Hello All,
There was some good, if not great shooting.
Carolyn and I just now finished unloading the truck. we rolled back home to NH at 12:30 today.
After the match we went down to Gettysburg and spent a couple of days down there
2 days is nowhere enough time to see the place by the way.

Over the course of the weekend I'll put up the August scores and the September scores.
There was an un-offical record set this weekend for scope team. It was not official because one of the team members was not a member of the Ridgway Rifle Club. This has been remedied :-)

Craig

As a side note, while at Gettysburg we were up on Little Round Top looking down into the Devil's Den. We were looking at the ranges they shot back then and comparing them to what we shoot now. Later that day we were at the museum in the visitors center looking at the rifle display. I was showing Carolyn the 1861 Springfield and the 1863 Sharps rifles that were used on that ridge. She remarked on thier marksmanship abilities using the crude period military sights.
That evening at the campground, we were checking email and I had an e-flyer from Cabelas. They had 1861 Springfields made by Pedersoli on sale.
We went halves on one. And a couple of different molds. Stuff should be at the shop Thursday. Strange kinda rifle Karma 8)
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils