Ridgway Eastern Regional Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

45bpcr

Ridgway Eastern Regional Results

Post by 45bpcr »

The 2014 Eastern Regional BPCR match is in the record books. The 2-day, 40-shot match format on Sept 27-28 drew 25 shooters from 7 states. Congratulations to Eastern Regional Champion Brian Chilson with a 2-day aggregate score of 67. A shoot-off on chickens broke the tie between 2nd Open John Whitcomb and 3rd Open Bob Bloyer, both with an aggregate score of 59. Brian was also our top Iron Man competitor with a 138.

Competition was also stiff in the Scope class. Brian Chilson took 1st Scope with a 71, and John Haagen earned 2nd Scope with a 60. (Good to have you back, John!) But it took another chicken shoot-off to award 3rd Scope to Mark Chronister over Roger Tremba, both with 58s. Good shooting, guys!

In other divisions, Mike Shamonsky took 1st AAA (53) and Karl Hovatter was 2nd AAA (48). Vince D'Alessandro won 1st AA (46) and Carolyn Snyder was 1st A (35). We also had some sharp-shooting seniors, with John Haagen earning the top aggregate score of 60, though Bob Bloyer won the Day 2 honors with a 30. (Apologies to Bob for mis-reporting the Day 2 scores at the match. We've since double-checked everything.) Complete scores are below.

Thank you to our sponsors Scheutzen Powders, Black Powder Cartridge News, Brownell's, Starline Brass, and Buffalo Arms for providing prizes. Check out the picture of the prize table below.

Good news - Jace Haagen's record-tying performance of 53/120 at the June match has been officially recognized by the NRA. Congratulations Jace!

On the subject of records, we learned the hard way that team members must belong to the same club. We would have had a record for team scope (aggregate 189), but it was not official because the teammates were not members of the same club. Related, you don't have to be a PA resident to join the Ridgway Rifle Club, though you do need a recommendation from an existing member. If anyone needs help with that, let me know.

Thank you to Debra Lee Hovatter and Elaine Ruys for calling relays with me, and to all those who helped with target setting, cleaning, and trash pickup.

We are looking forward to our final match of the season on Oct 26. Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Craig Duncan and Carolyn Snyder
Match Directors, Ridgway BPCR

cduncan@duncansauto.com

603-434-5796 (weekdays)

603-845-9727 (cell)

Eastern Regional Match Results - Ridgway BPCR
Se
Sept1.jpg
Sept2.jpg
Sept3.jpg
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils