December Match write-up at Smithmoor Range

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

December Match write-up at Smithmoor Range

Post by jackrabbit »

December 20, 22 Silhouette Match Write-up

I hope everybody had as much fun as I did yesterday! We had a great match that made for a memorable day. The day started out quite calm with temperatures in the 30's. The wind built as the day went on giving us some challenges. The breeze was almost straight down range and the last relays had troubles with it knocking over a few of the turkeys and rams. We were all quite comfortable inside the shed beside the fire, however. All in all, it was a pretty good day for December in Wyoming.

We had fifteen riflemen and women make it out yesterday. We were especially pleased to have some top shooters come from some distance, as well as we had four shooters that had never shot a 22 bpcr match before. All of them did quite well and it is exciting to see folks interested in shooting.

Bryan Youngberg shot a 32 to win the iron sight match. We had a 6 way tie for high chicken shooter with 3 chickens. It was settled with a shoot off with Bryan again coming out on top by shooting 3 out of 5 chickens. Perhaps the most excited shooter of the day was my wife Coralee. She has been practicing every chance she gets and it was fun to see her have success. Somewhere between making ham and beans, corn bread, drinks and rhubarb dessert as well as keeping on eye on our three kids, she shot a 27 to win the scope match. I am afraid we might have created a monster....

We had a lively bunch of shooters for our modern class as well. Travis Purdum shot a fantastic 32 with his Winchester Model 52 to win. Jim Rodebaugh has been bitten by the bug and came back this month with a bunch of enthusiasm. He is getting his match rifle ready and will hopefully be shooting in the iron sight match next month. Steve Anderson wanted to shoot the iron sight match as well as enter the modern class with his sporter rifle to try and see why the old style rifles are out shooting new ones with modern optics. You will have to ask him about his findings. Thanks also, Steve, for bring your daughter out to shoot as well. She is a welcome addition to our match.

Our friends and neighbors Josh and his son Seth Tangeman made it out for their first time. Seth seemed to have a perma-smile going on. He seemed to really enjoy himself. Both of them shot very well for their first time and hopefully they will be back.

They only obstacle that we had with the shooting shed is the concrete floor is a little difficult to drive shooting sticks into! Bryan Youngberg came to the rescue by bringing and donating multiple sets of sticks that will set up on the concrete. He even brought one tall enough to be used sitting, in case somebody wants to do that. Thanks a bunch Bryan for your donation as well as your support.

Thank you to every one that came. Without shooters we wouldn't have much of a match! The next match is the third Saturday in January (the 17th) with the fourth reserved in case the weather proves too bad. Come on out and shoot, you will have fun!

Hold Center, Cody Smith

Please remember our sponsors:

Travis and Dawna Purdum of Cal-Grag Design, http://www.cal-graf.com

Bryan Youngberg

Traditional Iron Sight

Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total

Steve Anderson 3 7 1 5 16

Tom Reed 1 5 2 4 12

Cody Smith 3 8 9 10 30

Robert Garibay 3 8 9 6 26

Bryan Youngberg 3 10 10 9 32 MW

Traditional Scope

Coralee Smtih 3 7 8 9 27 MW

Dick Hennebry 1 10 7 8 26

Gary Smith 0 4 0 6 10

Modern

Travis Purdum 3 9 10 10 32 MW

Jim Rodebaugh 1 8 8 7 24

Steve Anderson 1 5 0 2 8

Emily Anderson 1 3 0 0 4

Dave Purdum 1 9 4 5 19

Josh Tangeman 1 7 6 4 18

Seth Tangeman 1 7 3 4 15
krgriggs

Re: December Match write-up at Smithmoor Range

Post by krgriggs »

So cool Cody! Glad to see your modern category taking off! Wish I was closer I would definitely partake!
jackrabbit

Re: December Match write-up at Smithmoor Range

Post by jackrabbit »

Thanks for the compliments. I know how you feel as I watch your matches happen and wish I could be there as well.
take care, Cody