January Smithmoor Match Write-up

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

January Smithmoor Match Write-up

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

Wow! What wind! Although I think it blew much worse in other places in Wyoming today, we still had strong north and west winds today. The wind was steady and some surprisingly high scores were shot. The shooting shed worked great and we all stayed pretty comfortable while firing from inside. For the first hour or two the wind was mostly from the north and the temporary hay bale wind breaks kept the turkeys and rams from blowing over. As the day went on, the wind shifted to more from the west and we were unable to keep them up. The last third of the match the turkeys and rams were shot on the swingers. We didn't seem to have a problem with the chickens or pigs.

We had 18 riflemen and women come out to test their skills today. We broke the classes into master and AAA for iron sight, scope, and modern rifle, and the same for AA, A, and B shooters. This way we would six divisions to award a winner to. Myself and Bryan Youngberg battled it out iron sight master/AAA winner. I managed a few more chickens for the win. Steve Anderson is getting the game figured out and scored a 21 for the AA and under iron class. The one and only Mr. Michael Jackson shot a 31 to win the master/AAA scope class with Coralee Smith shooting a 22 to win the AA and under scope class. The modern rifle class was made up of only AA/A/and B shooters and the winner was the Cal-Graf princess, Miss Kimber Purdum with a 22. She was very pleased with her win, as was her Dad, Travis, who she beat.

We have been very pleased with the number of new shooters who been able to make it out. This month we had Bryan Cushing and his brother Shawn, Lee Henderscheid, and Jeff D. We also had a couple of spectators that will hopefully shoot next month. All of them shot quite well and I think will be back with a vengeance to win.

Coralee's folks, Tom and Bev Reed generously donated genuine Wyoming leg of lamb sandwiches for lunch, and my mom, Lorraine Smith, provided a fantastic macaroni salad to go along with it. Thanks so much for your support!

I thought today was a great day and a great match. It appeared a good time was enjoyed by all. Thanks to all that have supported this match by showing up to shoot!
Hold center,
Cody L. Smith

Please remember to support our sponsors:
Travis and Dawn Purdum of Cal-Graf Design
Bryan Youngberg
Shooter Class Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total
Iron Sight Master and AAA
Bryan Youngberg Master 1 10 9 10 30
Cody Smith Master 5 10 10 10 35 W

AA/A/B
Dave Clark 2 6 2 2 12
Jim Rodebaugh 0 2 2 4 8