Friendship Twostep

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship Twostep

Post by Woody »

Saturday, 18 April, dawned dry and calm and stayed that way all day. What a perfect Spring day to test your skills, rifle, and loads. 33 shooters were on hand to contest the onslaught of the Friendship silhouette herd of steel. When the smoke cleared, Mel Barnell finished first overall with a score of 32 to take the match and the chicken pool. Joe Hill second and first iron with a 31 and Woody followed third with a 30 and high scope.

Sunday, the 19th, was a totally different scene. Some shooters went home, and a few new ones turned up so the number of competitors on Sunday was 34 shooters. The day dawned, with rain and light SSE winds all day. Sometimes so hard that even the scope shooters had a hard time seeing the targets. Scores were down a few points, but Joe Hill rose to the top, shooting irons again, and posted a score of 30. How he could see through the heavy rain I have no idea. Woody posted a 28 with 5 chickens to post the high scope score and take the chicken pool. Fred Leeth posted the third highest score, also a 28 but only four chickens.

Even with all the rain, no complaints were heard and the target setters turned the animals around in record time. One final note, all the problems of the world were finally solved around the campfire on Friday night and again on Saturday. Somehow new problems keep rising to the top, so I guess we'll have to solve some more next month at the Regional. See you there.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
CO

Re: Friendship Twostep

Post by CO »

Woody, when and where is the regional you speak of? CO :D :D :D
Woody

Post by Woody »

Charles,

It's the NMLRA/NRA Regional Silhouette Championship match scheduled for next month, 16-17 May at Friendship. Mike Hoke has 64 paid entries with only 8 spaces remaining. Entry can be made online via the NMLRA website. Look under alternate range use and you will find it. You were there last year.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Was my first time at Friendship and was a great crowd of shooters and facility. Thanks to all (especially Woody) for the hospitality and look forward to getting back to shoot some more matches. Very well run.
Glenn
choken

Post by choken »

Glen, I only wish that you had been there Saturday as the weather was beautiful as opposed to the mess that came in on Sunday !!! You didn't bring it with you did you ???? LOL Good luck on your Texas shooting sojourn . There is a great bunch of guys down there and I know that you'll have a good time.
CO

Post by CO »

Woody, I signed up the first day Mike announced the dates. I was funning you a bit. You know I wouldn't miss it. We should be back from Tex. on the 4th, shoot the CGC 22 match the 9th, leave for Friendship on the 13th, back to Riverbend for the two day match the 23 & 24th. Then we leave for the swing out west. Ain't life good!!! CO
Woody

Post by Woody »

I thought you were leading up the Georgia crowd. I've just about finished the range boxes for the winners. Pretty much took today off, I'll get back into the shop tomorrow. See you in a few weeks. Does us proud in Texas.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

choken wrote:Glenn, I only wish that you had been there Saturday as the weather was beautiful as opposed to the mess that came in on Sunday !!! You didn't bring it with you did you ???? LOL Good luck on your Texas shooting sojourn . There is a great bunch of guys down there and I know that you'll have a good time.
Don't think that was me on that weather. I came from the east, where, like at Friendship, we shot in about as nice of conditions as one could want on Saturday and the weather from the west. Wish I could have brought that Saturday weather with me, but that Sunday match was still great fun and I really liked having two banks of animals to shoot. Shooting .22BPCR in Stillwater, OK this Sat with a crowd of very competitive shooters who have practiced all winter (mid-30s scores) and then Tappan Hill on Sun. Need the practice in these winds for TX. East of Mississippi we get some winds, but it isn't like out here in the plains. No one wrote songs about winds in the east. Are the monthly BPCR matches at Friendship all 2-day affairs? Might try to squeeze another one in later in the season.
Glenn
choken

Post by choken »

Yes Glen all the monthly matches at Friendship are two day affairs with the September match being two 60 shot matches shot for the Miami Club Championship !