NMLRA/NRA Regional Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

NMLRA/NRA Regional Results

Post by Woody »

68 shooters assembled in Friendship, Indiana for the second annual National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association / National Rifle Association Regional Silhouette Championship. A number of the usual suspects arrived on Friday for some practice and the final touches of preparation were put on the range.

At sundown, a campfire was lighted to push back the darkness, and allow the worlds problems to be solved.

Saturday dawned cloudy with rain threatening. By the end of the first set of targets the rain started and stayed until the end of the first day's match. Shortly after final shots, the banquet was served and door prizes distributed, culminating with the final drawing for the coveted Shiloh Rifle certificate. 67 of us were disappointed, but happy for Jim Perrin and his luck.

Sunday dawned cloudy and threatening rain as we again assembled to vie for the championships. Several shooters in each class were close enough that no one had a lock on the win. The rains held off, and the wind tried to fool with everyone. When the smoke cleared, Mel Barnell and Doug Gazeway, both coming from behind, had locked in the wins in scope and iron sights.

Champion Iron: Doug Gazeway

Champion Scope: Mel Barnell

1st Master Iron: Jim Shride

1st Master Scope: Robert Johnson

1st AAA Iron: Joe Hill

1st AAA Scope: Danny Lockhart

1st AA Iron: Don Guthrie

1st AA Scope: Brad Parmer

1st A/B Iron: T.A. Smith

1st A/B Scope: Gerald McGinley

I'll post the detailed results as soon as I receive them from the NMLRA.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
choken

Re: NMLRA/NRA Regional Results

Post by choken »

The wind, not only tried, but succeeded in fooling with me on Sunday Woody ! "The wind is your friend" my butt !!! Conditions were REALLY tough on Sunday . I've been shooting BPCR at Friendship for 12 years and the range was in better shape than I've EVER seen it ! The guys that groomed the range deserve much thanks in making such a favorable showing for the out-of-state shooters. A big turnout and a great shoot !!!
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Woody,

Was this a ML only or BPCR also match?

Klaus
keep smiling :D
choken

Post by choken »

Klaus, It was a BPCR only match !
Woody

Post by Woody »

Klaus,

This was a BPCR Silhouette Regional, approved and registered by the NRA and put on by the NMLRA.

The front stuffers will be shooting their Spring Shoot in a couple of weeks. I'll probably dust off my Gibbs and play with them too. :shock:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.