August Smithmoor Silhouette Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

August Smithmoor Silhouette Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

We were very pleased to have 18 shooters turn out for Saturday's match! The attendance and support is very appreciated. Overall, the match went quite well. With five relays and some rain delays, the match did go longer in the day than I intended. We are still learning and future matches will go smoother. Conditions were tough and Smithmoor continues to be deceptively easy, which lead to some more lessons on wind and mirage reading for even the best shooters.

My folks, Gary and Lorraine, put together a fantastic roast beef sandwich lunch with watermelon. Ceph Jones brought a homemade chocolate cake that was about the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten and Lee Wolff brought donuts for a morning pre-shoot snack. The nice lunch really adds to our shoots and I am sure everyone enjoyed it. Thanks a bunch! The concrete being finished was also a nice addition as we had a place to get out of the weather, as well as serve and eat lunch and sign up. We will keep building and improving a little at a time.

Conditions for the day were tough with periods of strong wind, rain, and intense heat. At one point the thermometer showed 99.4 degrees in the shade. Shortly after that, the rain started pouring and we had to take a break and let it blow over. It didn't take much imagination to come up with some good excuses for our misses. We also had several new shooters again this month, and some of them show some real promise. It is encouraging to see some new folks interested in our sport. We will do what we can to get them hooked.

I broke the entries into two groups, Master and AAA for the first group and AA and under for the second group. Lee Wolff ended up the match winner in the Master/AAA group. He actually tied Jack Odor with a 30, but won on reverse animal count. Normally we shoot off, but the match had gone late and folks were anxious to get home. Kevin Finney continues to improve and was the AA and under match winner. Good Shooting, fellas! There was also a three way tie for the winner of the chicken pool with 5 chickens. Michael Rix, Lee Wolff, and myself all had a good chicken shooting day. Michael had to take off to his son's birthday party, so Lee and I shot it off sudden death style. I managed to smack my first chicken and Lee was unable to answer with a hit, leaving me with the money from the chicken pool.
Thanks to all for a great day of shooting, I am already looking forward to next month!

Cody L. Smtih

Shooter chicken pig turkey ram total place

Michael Rix 5 10 6 6 27
Jack Odor 1 10 10 9 30
Cody Smith 5 10 4 3 22 High Chicken
Travis Purdum 1 8 5 5 19
Bryan Youngberg 1 10 8 7 26
Richard Bement 2 8 7 5 22
Lee Wolff 5 10 8 7 30 MW

John Peters 0 0 0 0
Gary Smith 1 3 2 0 6
David Clark 0 5 3 0 8
Curtis Baker 0 1 4 2 7
Kevin Finney 1 9 2 4 16 MW
Carol McDowell 0 5 0 1 6
Don McDowell 0 2 0 3 5
Greg Bybee 0 7 1 2 10
Dick Hennebry 0 8 2 2 12
Ceph Jones 0 1 3 2 6
David Cronk 0 3 1 1 5
Don McDowell

Re: August Smithmoor Silhouette Match

Post by Don McDowell »

A great big way to go to the entire Smith Family for the excellent job they've done with these Smithmoor matches. Top notch operation all the way around.
If you're ever going thru south east Wyoming, try to get the trip scheduled to be able to take in one of their matches, you won't be disappointed.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?