3rd Annual 1000 Yard Challenge Money Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Aero

3rd Annual 1000 Yard Challenge Money Match

Post by Aero »

This past Friday, August 21, 2015, The 3rd Annual High Plains 1000 Yard Challenge Money Match was fired. For those that don't know and as far as I am aware of, this is one of only two matches being fired in this country with Black Powder Target Rifles that can be considered a true riflemans match............No Spotter, no help from the pits, any rifle, any sights, the way God intended men to shoot rifle competition!

Thirteen brave riflemen, including several shooting a BPTR Long Range match for the very first time participated in this all 1000 yard line match.

Top three finishers.........

Match Winnner- Robert Garibay 247-1X
Second- Bryan Youngberg 234-2X
Third- Olian Shockley 226-2X

High individual string score was an 89-1X shot by Olian. Scores dropped as the day wore on and the wind velocity increased. Temps got to the low 90's, but both the 1000 yard line and the pits are covered at the Colorado Rifle Club range, so it remained very pleasant for shooting.

Complete results in about a month when I'm fully recovered from the weekends festivities.

-Eron
semtav

Re: 3rd Annual 1000 Yard Challenge Money Match

Post by semtav »

That match sounds like it would be worth the trip down. I need to pull the plug and make it to one ofthose BPTR matches. figured it was only 4.5 hr in my cub if youd let me land there.
gunlaker

Re: 3rd Annual 1000 Yard Challenge Money Match

Post by gunlaker »

Brian i'm still on my way back to Canada. I think I was at 1500 miles or so each way. If I lived in Montana I'd go for all of the matches at Byers.

Chris.