Michigan LR Regional results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

hepburn

Michigan LR Regional results

Post by hepburn »

Results on Michigan Rifle & Pistol website : michrpa.org/2015 black powder long range nra championship
COBPTR

Re: Michigan LR Regional results

Post by COBPTR »

Way to go Barb!

Robert G.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

that is a good website.
the competition looks like a real tough one.
there is enough shooting that it is unlikely for someone to luck a win.
looks like the weather was a challenge so whoever won earned it.
keep safe,
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
DeadEye_Ty

Post by DeadEye_Ty »

Way to go Barb, that is some awesome shooting!
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Indeed. Congrats to Barb and all the winners. Nice turn-out for the match. And, thanks to Barb for having mercy on us at the Reade match earlier in the month. ;) Looking forward to seeing several of you (Barb, Ron, Greg, Ryan, the more the merrier) at the Ridgway Regional BPCR match at the end of Sept.
Glenn
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

anyone know what chambering barb used?
keep safe,
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Barb shot a Browning High Wall in 45-70 at the Reade Range match in early August. Likely the same for the MI match.
Glenn
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

there is a lady shooter doing damage with a 40/2.5.
just wondered if it is barb.
keep safe,
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
hepburn

Post by hepburn »

Hello Bruce. Yes my wife used the factory Browning 45/70 that she started shooting with 9 yr. ago. For the past 3 yr. she has used a Browning in 40/70 SS and done well. We are going to the BPTR Nationals @ Raton, NM in 3 wk. & it is always so windy there that I thought the 45 cal. might give an advantage. The rifle has 10,000+ rounds on barrel but will still shoot <1 min. Her load is a P Jones original $ bullet 530 gr. (which was designed for Browning chamber) over 78 gr. 1 1/2 Swiss and clocks 1290 fps She thought she would like a 45/90 but the way I load the 70 it is the same---have loaded up to 82---bullet is only in case .200" ---almost a PP

Our range at Grayling is a very trying place to figure out---lots of head & tail winds = vertical ! Barb & I have competed in high power (your full bore) for 30 yrs. She has paid her dues and has been a very good student--she watches flags & I prefer mirage---recently I have been drilling her to watch BOTH For the match I helped her at the 800, & 900 yd but she did the 1000 yd by herself. Conditions were about as bad as it gets---we give out a hat pin for an X @ 1000 and out of 21 people shooting 3 matches (730 rds) only 4 pins were handed out.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

Hepburn,
thank you for that.
yes, the dreaded vert. always seem to get it at 12.00 and 6.00 o'clock!
do you jam that bullet into the rifling much, or seat bullets so it is easy to chamber a round?
it does not seem to matter how long you shoot long range. there is still always much to learn about the wind.
calculated guess is a term that comes to mind re wind calls. sometimes you seem to have more calculation and less guess.
congratulations to you both.
keep safe,
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus