September Big Bore at Smithmoor

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

September Big Bore at Smithmoor

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

It is hard to imagine how Saturday's match could have been any better. The morning was cool, and it stayed quite comfortable all day. We had the sun shades ready if it got too warm, but we didn't end up needing them. We had a rather strange, steady light wind that came nearly directly out of the south. The mirage was fierce, but we are seeing folks learn how to deal with it.

Lorraine and Coralee brought out cold cuts, potato and macaroni salad, iced tea, and some kind of cherry dessert bars that were super. Thanks again ladies for the wonderful lunch. With three relays, we had time to take a few minute break and enjoy our lunch and conversation.

Scores are continuing to improve as folks figure out how to shoot this range. I broke the shooters into two classes with master and AAA in one, and AA, A, and B being in the second half class.

Michael Rix shot well this weekend and ended up winning our Master/AAA class with a thirty. He also shot four chickens to tie me in the chicken pool. We shot off by each shooting at three chickens. Michael was dialed in and drilled two of the three while I was unable to connect. Good shooting Michael! He was also the recipient of the coveted golden chicken pin for being high chicken shooter for the match.

Travis Purdum was able to get out and shoot Saturday and did very well. He was our high second half shooter and was quite pleased with both being able to get out and shoot as well as win. Other happenings of note were Kevin Finney shooting 10 pigs and receiving his first ten in a row pig pin. He was all smiles and it was fun getting to award him his pin. My Dad, Gary, also shot his personal high score and is steadily improving

Thanks again to all who were able to make it out to shoot,
Cody L Smith

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Score Place

Brad Rice 2 8 6 7 23
Michael Rix 4 9 8 9 30 MW
Cody Smith 4 8 7 6 25
Lee Wolff 1 9 8 7 25
Travis Purdum 2 9 8 4 23 MW
Kevin Finney 2 10 6 4 22
Gary Smith 1 5 5 5 16
Dick Hennebry 2 8 4 6 20
David Clark 0 3 4 2 9
krgriggs

Re: September Big Bore at Smithmoor

Post by krgriggs »

When is the Smith Moore regional!
jackrabbit

Re: September Big Bore at Smithmoor

Post by jackrabbit »

That would be fun! We are working toward doing one, but I don't know if it will happen next year or not. We are going to have to add more berms to make room for another set of 10 animals before we can have a large match, and that is going to take a fair amount of time and money. I was thinking a BPCR Three gun match would be fun. We could do big bore silhouettes, 22 silhouettes, and schuetzen, with awards for high overall score and daily awards. We could show them black gun turkeys what real shooting is!!
take care, Cody