October Smithmoor Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

October Smithmoor Results

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

I wonder how much luckier we can get with weather? Saturday's weather was super and we had 12 riflemen make it out to test their skills. The match went very well and I was excited to see we finally had someone shoot a master score! Every range is slightly different and it just takes some shooting it to figure it out. Congratulations to Michael Rix for both being our overall match winner, and also being the first shooter to shoot a master score and currently holding the range record with a 32! Dick Hennebry was our second half winner, knocking out 6 other competitors with his steady shooting. Also of note was Gary shooting 5 chickens! Wow! Good job Dad! I also had a good day and managed to win the chicken pool with 6 chickens.

Gary and Lorraine put together a super roast beef sandwich lunch. Lorraine brought it out to the range and we took a short break in the shooting to enjoy it. Pepe salad and a large assortment of home made cookies rounded out the meal. Those sandwiches were great! Tom Wengh showed off hls talents by bringing one of his culinary delights to share as well. They were some special fudge/carmel/nut brownies like you would see in a fancy restaurant. Also, thanks to Dick for bringing the morning donuts. I enjoy a donut at about 9:30 very much and I know several others did as well.

Improvements continue at Smithmoor and all of the help and support is very much appreciated. My Dad, Gary, has had more time recently to work on the range. He lined the lower half of the inside of the building with wood sheeting this month, as well as got a good start on the electrical. Michael Rix graciously brought a very nice heavy wood table to serve as a cleaning bench inside the building. Lee Wolff spent unknown hours making a very beautiful walnut trophy plaque to serve as a traveling trophy for each month's overall match winners. It is a beautiful heirloom that will be a tradition at Smithmoor for many years to come. Thanks to everyone that comes and shoots as well as finds their own way to contribute to the success of the Smithmoor Range.

Coralee took quite a few pictures and they will be posted on the Smithmoor facebook page for anyone that is interested to see. https://www.facebook.com/SmithmoorRange

Also, the first 22 match of the season will be November 14th. Show up around nine and we start shooting at 10. The 22 matches will be on the second Saturday of each month and we are also planning on holding the bore matches the third Saturday of each month year around. We will post reports via email and facebook a day or two ahead of the date to let people know what is going on. I imagine even if the weather is too crummy to shoot, several of us will still be out there doing some shooting and enjoying the coffee and friendship.

Hold Center,
Cody L. Smith

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place

Michael Rix 4 10 8 10 32 MW
Jack Odor 4 10 7 9 30
Cody Smith 6 6 6 9 27
JD Farmer 0 8 4 5 17
Lee Wolf 4 10 8 8 1/2 30

Second Half
Gary Smith 5 5 5 1 16
Ceph Jones 0 8 2 0 10
Tom Wengh 1 5 5 8 19