February Smithmoor BPCR

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

February Smithmoor BPCR

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

Thirteen riflemen enjoyed a very pleasurable day shooting on Saturday at the Smithmoor Range. We had a calm morning, but the wind came up around noon and it made for some tough shooting in the afternoon. Still, it was an incredibly nice day for February and I am glad we had the chance to shoot. Events of note include March Pachares winning the match with a 26. He has made big strides in improvement and I am sure he is quickly going to be very hard to beat. Mark took the beautiful traveling trophy that Lee Wolff made home for a month. Mark's compadre, Brian Mallin, also shot well this month and won the high second half award with a 20. JD Farmer was our high upper half shooter this month with a 26 as well. JD also shot very well this month, but lost the match winner trophy by reverse animal count. Normally I like to do shootoffs, but the wind was blowing brisk enough by that time that we decided to skip it.

Lorraine Smith (known by most of my friends as Momma Lorraine) outdid herself this month with several pans of fresh, homemade cinnamon and orange rolls, as well as some super soup she calls cheeseburger soup. Thanks a bunch, Mom. Your cooking really adds a lot to our matches. Brian Mallin, and a couple of others also brought goodies to share. There were all good and very much appreciated. Everyone kicking in really helps make our matches fun. Our resident photographer, Coralee, was ill on Saturday. She was feeling better by that evening but, because of this, no one took any pictures to post on facebook. I am sure she will make up for it next time.

Our improvements seemed to work well this month. The range flags seemed well placed and definitely made wind reading easier than it has been with our makeshift small flags. It was also very nice having lights without having to listen to the generator run, and not having to haul water around to drink and wash with. A little at a time, we keep making it better.

Hopefully we will have good weather so we can shoot again next month on the 19th of March. We are planning a schuetzen match at Cody's Shooting Shed on Saturday the 27th. Let me know if anyone has any interest in Schuetzen. Trust me, it is more fun than you would think. Also, the next 22 match is on March 12.
Thank you to everyone that supports our range,
take care, Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Cody Smith 3 9 5 4 21
JD Farmer 0 10 8 8 26 1st High Half
Travis Purdum 2 10 3 7 22
Dick Hennebry 0 8 5 1 14
Kevin Finney 0 7 5 7 19
Gary Smith 2 8 3 6 19 2nd Lower Half
Brian Mallin 2 7 7 4 20 1st Lower Half
Mark Pachares 4 10 5 7 26 MW
Greg Bybee 0 8 0 1 9