Smithmoor May Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor May Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Wow! Talk about a whirlwind of a weekend! Between graduation parties (3 of them), brandings, and shooting matches, it was about more than this fat guy could handle. We were blessed with a relatively nice day on Saturday for our monthly big bore silhouette match at Smithmoor Range. The wind came up as the day went on, but it did not get strong enough to blow the targets over. It was not very consistent as it changed directions and intensity fairly frequently. I know I could not get in sync with the reversals and only managed a 3 on the turkeys. It was a good day for learning.

12 shooters made it out to shoot, which works out nice as it provides for three relays on each animal. Momma Lorraine rolled the grill out to the shooting shed and we took a break to enjoy hamburgers and fixings. Besides, the good food, I think everyone enjoys the break for a chance to visit a bit. Thank you to Lorraine for the great cooking! We awarded a pin and possession of the traveling match winner trophy to Michael Rix this month. Michael posted a great score of 29 in the tough wind conditions. Good shooting Michael! The rest of the shooters we broke into two groups. Master and AAA, which we call 1st half, and AA and A, which we call 2nd Half. Lee Wolff and Doc Bement were tied with 27's for our 1st half winner, but Lee prevailed by reverse animal count. Mrs. Smithmoor, Coralee Smith, was our second half winner with a 22. This was only her second complete big bore match. As most know, she is an avid 22 shooter, but she has been unsure of whether she would like the big bore or not. Dick Hennebry had the perfect rifle for her, and I am afraid she has contracted the fever. I am sure we will only continue to see her shooting improve. Good job, dear, I am so proud of you! Other events of note include Kevin's first outing with his brand new CPA. He had quite the time trying to keep all of us from drooling all over it! It is a beautiful rifle and I am sure we will see Kevin's score improve as he figures out how to make it work. He was also using his new DZ Arms scope, and this was the first match he has shot with a scope. Greg Bybee also shot relatively well this weekend. He has been searching for a good load for his rifle for some time, and it looks like he found it.

Thank you to all that support our range and make it out to shoot! I hope to see you at either Watkins on the 4th, or back here on the 18th of June for monthly matches. We are also hosting a big bore match on Friday, June 10th in connection with the Rocky Mountain Regional 22 BPCR match. There are quite a few folks coming from out of town, and Dick and I thought it would be a good idea to offer some more shooting for those traveling some distance. There is lots of room left so if anybody is interested in entering, local or traveler, please let me know so we can plan. Dawna and Travis of Cal-graf are making some nice prizes and, as always, the food will be good. It should be a great match! There is also a Wyoming State Championship Mid-Range match being held in Worland, Wyoming on the weekend of the June 4th. Response from shooters in the past has been very positive, so if anyone is interested, it is definitely deserving of your support.
take care, Cody Smith

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place

Michael Rix 4 9 7 9 29 MW
Doc Bement 1 10 8 8 27
Cody Smith 4 9 3 7 23
Lee Wolff 2 9 8 8 27 High 1st Half

Don McDowell 1 1 3 5 10
Carol McDowell 0 4 2 2 8
Dick Hennebry 1 6 7 2 16
Coralee Smith 0 9 6 7 22 High 2nd Half
Kevin Finney 1 6 4 4 15
Gary Smith 1 7 1 4 13