2016 Montana State Championship Scores

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

2016 Montana State Championship Scores

Post by Del »

Fortune Favors the Bold...
jackrabbit

Re: 2016 Montana State Championship Scores

Post by jackrabbit »

Wow!! Ted shot 7 chickens and only 8 pigs!! I feel your pain! What a frustration, I am sure. Looks like some good scores were shot, I wish I could have been there.
take care, Cody
Ted Tompkins

Post by Ted Tompkins »

Cody,

Anybody can hit pigs.

Ted
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers 1879 -1935
Del

Post by Del »

Well not everyone is you look at my scores on Sunday for Iron..... 2 pigs... :( :roll: :cry:
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

What happened??
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

C-clamps
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
rdnck

Post by rdnck »

Del- What caliber rifle were you shooting at pigs? Also what bullet and powder charge? Shoot straight, rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
Del

Post by Del »

Cody,

I think I was having rifle problems which caused up and down issues. I would hit high, drop my sights, still hit high, drop them again, still hit high, drop them again, go under the rail, come back to where I started, hit a pig, then go high again, drop my sights, go way under, etc.... I hit 7 Rams but only 2 pigs and 4 turkeys.... 2 chickens. Lowest score I ever shot except for the first match I ever shot. Pretty pathetic but maybe found the reason/s.

Found possible shrinking of the wood in my stock which may have created a loose stock, also found possible light primer hits which was maybe causing erratic ignition issues which was maybe the result of a main hammer spring that had started to soften and was a known issue of the gun maker. Not sure if we really found the issues but will know starting tomorrow when we start the two day scope match here at Raton. Then the iron sights Thursday and Friday which I think you will be able to make it to. Hope to see you Thursday and we'll catch up.

rdnck,

I shoot a 45-70 with a Paul Jones 540 gr creedmore with at that time 66 gr of 1 1/2 Swiss (after changes to rifle it appears to like 62 grs of 1 1/2 Swiss now). Gun was shooting quite well a few weeks earlier at the Lonetree Gong match which goes out to 1140 yards and I was hammering the barn door gong as well as all the other gongs.. Then I started to have issues at the NW Regional and it really went downhill at the Butte Montana State Championship. Hope all is well now but only will know after competing with it. It appears to be shooting well on paper and when we were practicing today. Hard to tell for sure in the wind here at Raton but it appeared to be holding it's elevation if I was doing my part.