Smithmoor August BPCR Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DeadEye_Ty

Re: Smithmoor August BPCR Match

Post by DeadEye_Ty »

jackrabbit wrote:Ted, I would have like two of those 5 chicken pins very much! Maybe next time....

Brent, we shoot the big bore matches the 3rd Saturday of the month year around. Although it is a private range, just about everybody is welcome. It is handy to know who is coming so we can plan, so if anyone reading this wants to come, just let me know. The 22 matches are November through April on the second Saturday of the month. The big bore matches will get canceled due to weather, but the 22 will go on in just nearly all conditions.

I also wanted to point out that Brad would have shot better had he had a better spotter. It was conditions that required a master spotter to do very well, and unfortunately that is not me. The only way to learn is by doing it, and I am working on improving. I am still amazed at Brad and Ty's performance at nationals this year. That was some amazing spotting Ty!
Well that was some amazing chicken shooting Cody!!! I talked to dad and he said you didn't miss that one by much.

I appreciate the kind words! Spotting for my Dad too many is intimidating... and it was at one point for me as well. :shock: But he is a great person to spot for. He will work with anyone and he will help make them better spotters as they tend to try harder, and as you said you learn by doing it! I couldn't have learned from anyone better. He makes it easy on a spotter as you know he is going to do everything correctly and you don't have to worry about out guessing the shooter. It has taken a lot of practice and never ending learning curves. Not to mention learning each and every range you shoot at, as none are the same. It was amazing this year at the Nationals, as it was great shooting by Dad! Especially in all those condition changes. It was stressful and mind boggling trying to figure them out. But when you have a great shooter you just make the best educated guess or SWAG at times. He made me look good on multiple shots!!! :lol:

I can say it has been my best year of spotting!!! Spotted for Dad who won the Iron Sight BPCR Nationals. Then spotting for Doug Gazaway who won both the Friendship Regional and St. Louis Regional this year!!! The one common denominator great shooters! :D
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

For whatever reason we have not done a chicken pool at Smithmoor. Down at Golden Gun club in Watkins we almost always have one and we seem to always have a good time ribbing each other about who is going to win it. For those that don't know, we just put a dollar and our name on a piece of paper. Whoever shoots the most chickens that entered the pool wins all the money. It is usually 5-10 bucks, which is enough for lunch on the way home. It was Brad's idea this month to do one in Carpenter and I hesitantly set it up. After shooting the nine chickens, Brad looked up from the scope and said, "Bubba, you really wanted my dollar, didn't you!" I had to laugh. Thanks Brad, I always enjoy shooting with you.
take care, Cody
choken

Post by choken »

Way to go Cody !!!
BFD

Post by BFD »

I think the take home message here is, if Cody is shooting, DO NOT, under any circumstances, allow him to enter into the chicken pool. I apparently gets motivated this way, and we can't have folks shooting 9 chickens on a regular basis (unless it is me, of course :) ) or folks are going to start thinking this game is easy, like golf or something.

Cody, are you, by chance, coming to the Mega Shoot at Tappen? If so, we are going to have to clamp down on this chicken thing right quick :)

And another thing, Ty - do you happen to hire out as spotter? What's your going rate? :)
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately my chicken shooting is much like lightning in that it is sporadic and unpredictable. I am pretty sure you guys are all safe. :lol: :lol:

Yes, Coralee and I are planning on being in Kansas for the 22 and big bore. We are looking forward to it, it is going to be fun.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Well, we will see you there, but no chicken pool! Man, we are going to have to put a watch on you. 9 chickens! That would be great for a 2-day total.