November Smithmoor BPCR Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

November Smithmoor BPCR Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

We held the inaugural match for the covering over the firing line on Saturday, November 19th and it was a success. Surprisingly, we had 15 shooters make it out on the brisk November day. The morning started out at about 18 degrees, but warmed up to the mid 40's in the middle of the day. By February, I am sure this will seem like a super day, but after all of the 60 and 70 degree weather we have had lately, it felt a bit chilly. The good news was that the wind stayed very calm all day and there was very little mirage to contend with. Several good scores were fired. The firing line covering turned out super and all the shooters were excited about our latest improvement. Thank you all for the support and encouragement!

Jack Odor was our match winner this month with a 31. Good Shooting Jack! Jack had shoulder surgery a while back and his been this past year getting back into the game. Brad Rice was our 1st place master with a 30, while 1st AAA went to Joe Kapler. Kevin Finney won AA class with a 19 by a shootoff with Dad. They shot best of three and Kevin drilled one to beat Dad 1 to 0. I like shootoffs! Dick Hennebry won A class with a 22. This is Dick's second AA score of the year, so one more and we will see him moving up. Great shooting to our winners!

Momma Lorraine brought out cheeseburger soup, rolls, chips, and brownies for lunch. It was great! We took a short break from shooting so everyone could enjoy the meal. There were some brief discussions on dates for next year's matches. The National's dates still appear to be in question, so we will have to wait to see when we can hold our Wyoming State match next year. The Rocky Mountain Regional 22 match is scheduled for June 9, 10, and 11th. Mark it on your calender, it will be a great match. Jim Rodebaugh is planning on having a demonstration on knife building at his shop probably in January in conjunction with a match for the shooters to enjoy. He will be forging the knife that will be donated to the Rocky Mountain Regional 22 match. It will be something to see and I will let everyone know when we get a firm date planned. We are planning a Historic Target Rifle Match here at Cody's shooting shed next Saturday the 26th. Contact me for more info. I hope to see everyone at Watkins on the 3rd of December or back here for our 22 match on December 10th.
take care and hold center, Cody

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Master
Michael Rix 2 10 8 6 26
Jack Odor 6 10 7 8 31 MW
Cody Smith 5 10 5 6 26
Brad Rice 2 10 9 9 30 1st
AAA
JD Farmer 1 6 2 6 15
Travis Purdum 0 8 9 2 19
Joe Kapler 2 10 9 8 29 1st
Mark Pachares 3 10 7 7 27