Phoenix 1000 yd match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

Re: Phoenix 1000 yd match

Post by SSShooter »

Scores. We want ALL the scores, thank you.
Glenn
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

I have the scores but as a picture on my phone. I can post them when I get back home if it has't been done by someone else before then.

It was an excellent match and was run very well. This was my second time attending this match and it really was a great time. The opportunity to shoot so many rounds at 1000 yards really makes this match special.

Chris.
COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

First BACO Dave Gullo, his vintage spotter John Venhouse :D :D
Second Zack Taylor, his spotter Don (Fort Laramie) McDowell :wink: :wink:
Third Buffalo Bo (kilt lifter :lol: :lol: :lol:) Terry, his spotter Kenny (Paper Patch Guru) Wasserberger
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Still no scores? The link above is only for google account folks, of which I am not one.
Glenn
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Thx, Jim. Nice turnout for the match. Congrats to all the winners.
Glenn
semtav

Post by semtav »

gunlaker wrote:I have the scores but as a picture on my phone. I can post them when I get back home if it has't been done by someone else before then.

It was an excellent match and was run very well. This was my second time attending this match and it really was a great time. The opportunity to shoot so many rounds at 1000 yards really makes this match special.

Chris.
Did you shoot pp again this year Chris?
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Nossir. I shot my Borchardt in .45-90 with grease grooved bullets. I would have brought the paper patched rifle but I really wanted to shoot with a scope and the Borchardt was pretty much ready to go. It also worked pretty well for me in Colorado last summer.

I might shoot my .45-70 PP rifle in the Worland midrange match this year, and I will shoot paper patched bullets in the Money Match again.

This year I did not run into any fouling problems and shot better targets at 1000 than I've ever done before by a pretty big margin. I used far wetter patches than last year too. I did try my BACO bore wipes on the last target of the last day as I did want to see how well they worked for me. It turned out to be a disaster as I had a huge amount of vertical. I'm not sure why, as they worked quite well for other shooters. I was still super happy as I'd surpassed a few goals I'd set for myself.

Chris.
semtav

Post by semtav »

That's good even if it gives zack more fodder. I can only read about half the names on the scoresheet that was posted so I couldn't tell what your score was.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

I shot a 659-5x which was a lot better than I expected. I would have done a bit better on the first day, but I had some problems with my cross hairs moving from the x-ring to the 8 ring with each heartbeat. I'd never had to deal with that before, but I got it sorted out for day 2.

On my last day I was doing pretty well and actually shot an 89 on target #2 which I was super happy with. Then I decided to try BACO bore wipers on the last target. This was probably foolish, but I really wanted to see how they worked for me. For some reason I got tons of vertical, and shot a 61!

I did learn a lot this time, and know where I need to go from here. It was definitely a learning experience.

Chris.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Chris, you might consider arriving at Phoenix one day earlier next year for defrosting purposes. That environmental shock to the body means more than some are fully aware of when travelling from British Columbia to Central Arizona from YOUR winter into OUR winter.

I actually provided a defrosting cubicle for The Legends immediately upon their arrival from Lodi Wisconsin at Ben Avery and it helped quite a bit. Unfortunately they were refrozen upon landing back in Milwaukee.

PM me on your bore wiping with the BACO devices, I am interested to know details which would be relatively meaningless to someone who was not there and shooting on that day.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

I will definitely show up a day earlier next year. P.M. inbound...

Chris.
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

The scores and pictures from the match are available on www.arizonavintagerifle.com.
This is a new web site for the BPCR matches at Ben Avery with Tim and Nori Thorne as match directors.
They did an outstanding job putting on the 1000 Yard Championship with the help of Greg Burri.
Check it out.
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB