The American Creedmoor Cup Lodi, WI 2017

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

hepburn

Re: The American Creedmoor Cup Lodi, WI 2017

Post by hepburn »

The 5 days of shooting @ Lodi were very enjoyable for my wife & I. We have been going there every year since 2002 even though it is a 2 day trip of 560 miles one way. If you want to shoot long range there are getting less & less places to shoot. There are less than 40 ranges in the country where you can shoot 1000 yds. Some are private & part are military. We are fortunate here in MI that we are allowed to use Camp Grayling NG base as it is our only choice & we set dates 2yr ahead. Most people are not aware of how limited our places to shoot LR. Go to matches if you can & show some support before we lose them.

BPTR is one of the very few disciplines where you can have the help of a shooting buddy while shooting. In HP & other rifle matches you must call your own wind--coaching is only allowed in team matches. Matches like the Cup are challenging and very satisfying when you can meet your own goals (most of us didn't go expecting to win or place but to have fun) Shooting alone once & while will make you more aware of what is going on.

As Brent said the winds for the Regional were very unusual even for Lodi. Kind of Raton like even ! I enjoyed shooting with he & Mike Metzel both whom I have known but never shot with. One of the things we like most about BP is how friendly & helpful other competitors are. If you are new help is always there for the asking. My wife was unable to shoot but offered to spot & score for the odd relay (Zizzo & Force) and was as happy as they were as they finished 4 & 5th. The friendships you make by attending matches are part of why we do this. Yes we will attend next yr. & hope more will show up. Ron Walters
Old-Win

Post by Old-Win »

Robert G.
I was just talking to Bob Englebock at the Q on Sunday and he brought up the drawing for the rifle and we had a big laugh over it. We both remember it very well. There were four Roberts at the match and when Dave Gullo pulled the name out of the hat, he says Robert, Robert, ahhh Robert Garibay and your dad jumps and said it's mine. He's Robert junior. Both Englebock and myself thought we were the winners and Gullo couldn't pronounce our last names. Robert Saathoff

Team Chippewa Nation, 2nd place finishers

COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

5 I guess, I see Robert Walline right there too.
I'm still convinced it was mine, my Dad always enters as Bob.
Nice to hear from you Mr. Saathoff.

Robert Garibay
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I am out of the loop on most shoots, sorry to say. Wish I had checked in here sooner as I am about 5 hrs away and would have loved to try my hand at it. Have shot the Sagebrush and Quigley matches and to miss one that close is just stupid.

Where would I find out what the match consists of, what I need for ammo quantity, equipment and such?

Andre`
BFD

Post by BFD »

Andre, many of the matches are listed here on the Shiloh forum. But they are not all as well advertised as they could be.

FWIW, there will be the "All Comers" Creedmoor match at Lodi on 9-10 September. You are certainly welcome then and it would be an ideal match to come to as a first timer. If would like send me an email to brentd@iastate.edu and I'll send you the match flier. This is run as basically an NRA match but will allow for a bit more flexibility with respect to ammunition (duplexing) and perhaps rifles (I don't know if a Ruger #1 would be allowed but it probably would).

With 60 shots for record (30 per day), and unlimited sighters, I like to have at least 120 rounds with me. I will rarely want more than that, but I've gone home with just 2 or 3 left sometimes. I like to shoot lots of sighters.

Mats to lay on, cross sticks,