The American Creedmoor Cup Lodi, WI 2017

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Don McDowell

Re: The American Creedmoor Cup Lodi, WI 2017

Post by Don McDowell »

Jim Kidwell wrote:Were there other TR matches run?..................
The RioRoco bandit ran off with the grand prize from the regional as well...
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
semtav

Post by semtav »

Distant Thunder wrote: In the end, if people get mad at me because I approached this awkwardly or poorly I'll have to accept that. That I can do if the match draws more participants next year. I did this on my own, neither Cliff nor Mark know anything about this. If you are offended by what I have said take it out on me. Please don't take it out on them or the Cup match, that would be misdirected. Please do try to understand what I was trying to do here.
Jim Kluskens
Jim
I personally didn't take offense with your remarks. I can understand where you are coming from. I would like to attend a few BPTR matches, but have all but given up on trying. Can't make it happen at this point in life, but I am starting to get my ducks in a row and going to get back to shooting more. My son lives not far from there and it would be a great venue to attend. I really hope you can get more participants to attend in the future. I just wish everyone in the south didn't shut down the big matches in the winter months.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Any scores, Don????
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

None that I can remember with certainty, but 540 and bit higher seemed to take top honors. Cliff and Mark were second and third, but don't hold me to that order. Keep hoping we'll see the full score reults.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
BFD

Post by BFD »

It was fun and difficult shooting. No where have I shot with sustained winds like we saw last weekend. On Saturday, it blew hard enough to break off one of the range flag poles. "Interesting" is one way to look at it. This is not the norm for Lodi, to be sure, so don't expect to see 15 minutes of left wind on your sight staff for the next match.

As always, it was a super well run, low-key match. Just well organized and efficient on a beautiful range. What every match could and should be.

I sure wish I could figure out how to get other folks to come to Lodi. It's a beautiful place where you can eat dinner on a deck overhanging a lake and watch ducks and girls in bikinis paddle by (quite literally last weekend). And when the winds are in the right direction, you can watch boating neophytes get creative in bringing their boats into the docks for dinner as well.

The whole area is just a really nice town and atmosphere, and generally, you can find a good beer or three to mooch off of someone after a long day of shooting, and plenty of friendly people you might never have met otherwise to BS with about any topic you like.

So why not come? Indeed the next match is 9-10 September. It is the 2-day, "All Comers Match" which is to say, if you have a good safe load, you are welcome. Duplexers even. This is not an NRA match this time. Don't worry about a shooting partner, there is always someone that is in need and you get to meet and shoot with new people, which is a lot of fun too. I got to shoot with Ron Walters this weekend. I've known him for a few years, but never shot with him and it was fun to get to know him and see how he does it. I learned a bit because I shot with a new (to me) shooter.

Just for the heck of it, I'll sponsor the registration of one person who has never been to Lodi, if that will get you over the tipping point to come to the finest rifle range in the country and try your luck. Who knows, you might take home all the gold like Zack did. He shot really well every single day for 4 days. Perhaps this September it could happen to you.

Anyway, the offer stands. I'll cover the registration for one Lodi-virgin for September. Just step up and claim it. I might even throw in a couple of decent beers along the way too...

Brent
bryany

Post by bryany »

It seems that we have too many matches on the calendar any more. It wasn't that many years ago when there were a handful of matches and you just had to figure out which ones to put on your dance card. Now, there are some kind of match every week/weekend much of the year. I've enjoyed going to quite a few, both near and far. I'd like to do Lodi, it's only 1005 miles according to the map. I just have to decide what other matches to miss.

Maybe next year.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
BFD

Post by BFD »

Brian, I see fewer matches on the calendar every year. This year alone we lost the BPCR regionals at Oklahoma, Kansas, and Georgia. And there may be others I have forgotten or don't know about. I suspect that there will be more losses in the next year as well.

I can't think of any new matches that are taking shooters away from these matches. I agree that June is a crowded month for great matches. I would love to be in Missoula again this year, I've made it there 3 times, and I'll do it again, but I can't this year. I hope it holds on for another year or three, at least.

Pretty soon, your dance card may be looking pretty empty.
bryany

Post by bryany »

The Utah Labor day match is in it's third year I think. With the BPTR Nats moving to August this year, the Rocky Mtn Regional has moved to late September. Alliance has a new 1000 yd match at the end of July. There are some new(ish) matches and others moving around the calendar. When you consider Silhouette, BPTR, Buffalo Gong and 22 BPCR matches, the calendar is full most of the time. Other than going to Texas this Spring, I haven't had to drive more than 350 miles for a match this year. They don't have to be close, but it helps with the limited vacation time.

I'd still like to get to a new (to me) match once in a while.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
BFD

Post by BFD »

Utah is a good one - I had forgotten about that, but we are losing the silhouettes and long range matches faster than we are gaining them.

In any event, If you are the first to claim it, I'll buy your Lodi registration if you come this fall or next year. First come, first served :)
bryany

Post by bryany »

Thanks for the offer but September is already booked for another match and I don't think the dates for 2018 are out yet. I'm on the hook for a couple May-June events already next year. I can't lay claim to your offer at this time.

With all of the BPCR rifles on the planet, I'd expect more that the two of us to be talking about going to matches.

Bryan
BFD

Post by BFD »

Well, you can always count on a match on Mother's Day weekend at Lodi. Either long rang or midrange, but it will happen. The rest depends on how the range gets scheduled and that happens in the winter, like it does for most rifle ranges. The Mom's Day match is dependable because no one else wants it (so far).
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I heard Dave Zizzo finished fourth scope in the Regional shooting a 40-65 High Wall with a 400 Gr. BA M4 and 58 Grs. of Swiss 1 1/2. He did well against the 45-90's in very windy conditions. Who says the 40's are not competitive? :wink: .......................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

Lodi/Winnequah is a great range. I shot my very first longrange match there for the World Championship in '08 or '09.
Why not start with a World Championship I figured! It was a great trip and I convinced my Dad to go with me. He was hesitant but we had a great time with great people and then his name got drawn for the grand prize rifle. He was in shock! He still talks about it.
After that I thought all ranges would be that nice. Then I was greeted by sand, heat, snakes, scorpions, haboobs and rocks in places like Raton, Byers & Phoenix.
Most ranges have something that makes them unique and great. Lodi/Winnequah is one of those places.
I plan on being there next year to shoot for The Cup and see all the people that I first met in the BPTR world. Schuenke, Gregg, Kluskens, Force, etc.. All really good people who I still keep in touch with mostly.
I'll add that everyone that wants to support BPTR should be trying to attend our BPTR Nationals in Raton as well. You really learn alot in 6 days of shooting in extreme conditions that you can take back home with you to become a better shooter. It sounds like the top 3 shooters in Lodi are people who have been regular attendees that have drawn from that experience.

Robert G.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Brent, What kind of beer? I really miss Wisconsin, home sweet home.
Mike
BFD

Post by BFD »

Well, IP, black, and scotch ales were popular this weekend along with some porters, I saw a weiss and many others.

Ed Force and I lean to hoppy IPAs with heavy floral overtones along with some of the richer scottish ale styles. Everyone has their idea of a really cool beer, so there is plenty of quality. Not to mention there are a lot of great breweries in Wisconsin. I was drinking a Banjo Cat Black IPA just a moment ago, from Madison. Wisconsin and cheddarheads are alright!