June Smithmoor Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

June Smithmoor Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters,

Happy Father's Day! Even if you are not father, I hope you are thinking of yours, today, whether he is still with us or not. Asa and I have enjoyed a special weekend together and it has given me time to reflect on both what my father has done for me and also on what I do as a father to my children. We had a small match this month due to it being Father's Day weekend and also the Quigley Match is going on up in Montana. Four or five of our regular shooters are up there and we are all pulling for them to do well! Good Luck Fellas!

Four gallant and intrepid riflemen gathered to test their skills yesterday at the Smithmoor Range. Well, at least three were gallant and intrepid, I think I was just the one that got left home to take care of the farm while my folks and Coralee are on trips lol. We thoroughly enjoyed the cool whether, the challenging winds, and each other's company. Michael Rix treated us to some traditional German fare for lunch and I know I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hot German potato salad was something I had never even heard of, but I thought it was super. I will have to get Coralee to make it for me. We fired up the grill and Michael brought along some German sausages that we threw on it. With only two relays, we had plenty of time to take a break to enjoy the meal. We finished it all off with some home made chocolate chip cookies that Lee Wolff brought. Man, they were good too. Thanks a bunch to Michael and Lee for doing lunch!

The breeze was quite stiff starting about 10 o'clock and made for some challenging shooting. After we figured out how much windage to dial in, it wasn't all that hard to get some hits. I don't remember a day where there was basically no mirage all day and stiff winds. Michael said it was a flag day and he was right! All wind changes had to be made off of the flags as the mirage gave the spotter absolutely no clue on what to do. It amazes me that I have shot this game extensively for over four years now and I still keep seeing new conditions and learning new things. Perhaps that's why this game tends to hold shooters attention for so long.

Lee Wolff was our match winner this month with a 26. Congratulations and good shooting Lee! We won't have a July match at Smithmoor due to the Nationals in Raton and wheat harvest, but I hope to see everyone down at Watkins on July first or August 5th, if not sooner. I hope everyone is having a good summer!
take care and hold center, Cody Smith

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Michael Rix 1 8 6 8 23
Lee Wolff 0 10 7 9 26 MW
Kevin Finney 1 7 7 7 22
Cody Smith 4 8 7 6 25