USIMLT National Championships 2017

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Raymond Hanson

USIMLT National Championships 2017

Post by Raymond Hanson »

The United States International Muzzleloading Team Nationals were held the 5-7th of June at Camp Butner North Carolina. This match is shot on the V-bull target at 300-500-600 yards for the mid-range portion. Ten shots for record are fired at each distance with a sling only allowed for a rest. Then in the long-range portion 15 shots for record are fired at 900 and 1000 yards with a sling and wrist rest allowed. The conditions were very nice with the winds moderate. We had rain the first day but were able to get the 300 yard leg in without anyone getting wet. On day two we had a beautiful sunny day with cool temps. We were able to complete the 500-600 and 900 yard portions and finish early due to paid target pullers. On day three we completed our 1000 yard match by mid morning. That allowed some organized team practice in preparation for the 2017 World Championship we will be attending in Australia. Ray Hanson won the overall with a 246-11, Dave Gullo came in second with a 237-6, and Dave Munch was third with a 210-7. The 2018 Nationals will be held the 5-6-7th of March 2018 at the Ben Avery facility in Phoenix, AZ. While the championship portion of this match will be for muzzleloaders the match itself will be open to cartridge rifles and vintage sniper rifles. Both of those categories will be awarded separately and fire under their own respective rules. They will fire on the decimal target as well. Take care Raymond Hanson
desert deuce

Re: USIMLT National Championships 2017

Post by desert deuce »

Thanks for posting Ray...a few questions.

What organization is sponsoring the match,

who is the match director

and how does one apply to enter the match?

Is the decimal target the NRA Long Range Target or something else?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

Congratulations Ray!
Good shooting!

Robert G.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

From Tim and Nori Thorne today concerning the World 1000 Yard BPTR Championship at Ben Avery in 2018

"Our shoot will follow theirs, starting on Thursday, March 8th, through Sunday, March 11th. Hope to see you there!"

Tim
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Congratulations Ray, well done.
And a note of thanks for bringing forth the info on the Phoenix matches.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

Zack Ed Decker will be the match director and the USIMLT is the organization putting it on. But it is our intent to try and make sure anyone coming to and competing in the Phoenix World match will also be able to have some fun in our match. And to Don in regards to the targets the answer is yes the decimal target is the standard NRA LR target. But remember the USIMLT match will include the mid-range events at 300-500-600 which is the same as it will be this year at the US Nationals. We are working on arranging paid target pullers as well. A complete flyer will be coming out by Fall as it being worked on as I write this. Ed has put a lot of effort into this and come March I think this match will reflect that effort. We have even had some positive responses from foreign shooters. Take care Raymond
BFD

Post by BFD »

Congratulations Ray!

Thanks for the note about PHX too. Knowing that so far out is helpful.

I hope you will be in Harris in August.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Awesome Raymond. Sounds like a good opportunity to spend quality shooting time out of the snowdrifts. Now just figure out which rifle for the midrange, and I'm good to go. Looking forward to the updates.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

BFD I will be at Harris in August with the Billinghurst. You should bring Fleener and his Rigby along. The World match will not be any push over. We will be running into the Kiwi's and Aussies that could not afford plane tickets. But I suspect they may be able to shoot just fine! No one has a home 1000 yard range without someone that can shoot. Take care Raymond
BFD

Post by BFD »

Raymond Hanson wrote:BFD I will be at Harris in August with the Billinghurst. You should bring Fleener and his Rigby along. The World match will not be any push over. We will be running into the Kiwi's and Aussies that could not afford plane tickets. But I suspect they may be able to shoot just fine! No one has a home 1000 yard range without someone that can shoot. Take care Raymond
Fleener will be coming. We are both doing everything we can to get trigger time.

I would like to see that Billinghurst someday and maybe some other things too.

Brent
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

I understand the targets will be the icfra fullbore target for the worlds in oz.
dimensions of these are available on the nraa website, under rules.
those are mighty fine scores on that target.
be aware that the weather on the monarto range will be springtime in south aust, meaning potentially strong gusty winds.
the range is quite pretty at that time of year as it is green then.
I hope to meet as many of you guys as possible, even though I do not shoot ml rifles.
keep safe,
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

Bruce I am looking forward to visiting Australia. The terrain around the range via Google Earth appears to be like our Western ranges. Plenty of sun and wind. I consider the wind to be what makes this sport interesting! I hope to see you there. Raymond Hanson
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

i was wrong about the targets.
they are apparrently bigger than icfra, but with similar sized aiming marks.
it is getting close now :!:
keep safe,
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus