2017 World Championships Australia

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Raymond Hanson

Re: 2017 World Championships Australia

Post by Raymond Hanson »

All Having just returned from Australia I think it is only fitting I give my spin on the World Match. A long ass plane ride. Some silly firearms laws and implementation. A very large amount of very friendly people. A very nice range though maybe a bit small for this match. But the Aussies have some internal shooting politics just like we do and that was the range the match was held at. It was a very nice range. Lots of tea and lunches! Very gentlemanly officiated. Everyone was very polite and sincere with their courtesy. The conditions were windy and a couple of rain showers. The wind was strong even early in the morning. I never remember having 7 minutes of windage in at 300m before. But it was about as fairly done as humanely possible. Every relay you moved one right no deviation from that. Everyone got his or her chance at a different firing point. Considering the range was only 10 targets wide total. Each target had to be used in the individual matches. As in no gaps for LR and certainly some extra confusion as a result. As to the variations between firing points. There was only about 40 yards of width to all the firing points. you be the judge as to just how much difference there would have been from left to the right. There were reasons for anyone to have a bad relay considering the wind and the closeness of the targets but I do not think that the firing point was a particularly significant one. It was after all a World Championship. The intent was not to make it easy. The Aussies surely made it fair. Thanks to Australia for being such gracious hosts! Now we go to England in 2019 and then Hungary in 2021. If those matches are as well run and friendly it will make my Norwegian heart sing! Raymond Hanson
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Congratulations Raymond on a job well done.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

Don Thanks! Raymond
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Looking forward to watching you school us at Phoenix with your front stuffer Raymond. :)
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?