Riverbend GC Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

Riverbend GC Results

Post by SSShooter »

After four days of great weather, the dust around the turkeys from the 4-wheelers used by the setters has settled.
Gerald Parks ended up on top in scope for the 200/300/600yd mid-range with a fine 573-17X and Barb Walters was tops with irons with a 566-13X. If this had been a sanctioned match, Barb would have upped her existing 30-shot national record from 290 to a 291.
In the "Trapdoor Challenge", John Bly was the class of the field, shooting what would have been two national records and tying a third, winning both days and the agg. John shot a 269-5X on day one with a 94-2X at 300yd (tying the existing 94 record - needed another point or X). On day two John shot a 281-5X, including a 90-1X at 600yd for a 2-day 550-10X. The 281-5X would have broken the old record of 276 by 5pts and the 550 would have bested the old record by 2pts. John took home the beautiful "Woody Box" for his efforts. Who says those Old Trapdoors won't shoot? All you Trapdoor shooters better start practicing for next October. Think the field will be expanding from the seven Trapdoor shooters at this match.
After day-1 of silhouettes, Mark Harrison led the scope shooters with a 30 and John Bly the irons shooters with a 28. There was a bunch of folks tied either one or two shots behind. On day-2 the field started to spread out with Gerald Parks fine 34 (with 6 chickens) and Dave Zizzo shooting a 33 (cleaned the stick animals) for a tie at 62. Dave continued the fine shooting he has displayed all season and won the match in a shoot-off, with Gerald 2nd HOA and Woody 3rd HOA. In scope, Mark Harrison was 1st, with Jason Bass 2nd and Jim Davis prevailing over Steve Hubbard in a shoot-off for 3rd. In irons, Ty Rice was 1st, with Steve Christensen 2nd and Al Rauber winning the shoot-off for 3rd.
Congrats to all the winners. And, our thanks to Doug Gazaway and Steve Cook for putting on the match. All ready looking forward to next October.
Glenn
dennis g

Re: Riverbend GC Results

Post by dennis g »

Nice shooting Deadeye. Congratulations.
BWR

Post by BWR »

Thanks for the fine report Glenn.
Brad R.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Brad - you Michiganders need to come down next Oct. Barb & Ron shouldn't be the only ones from the 'frozen north' to shoot the match. Hopefully, Jody will be fully recovered well before then and you folks can caravan down like Raton. Its an excellent match.
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Brad, I've talked up the MI match and I've got several southerners interested in coming. Kidwell will be there if the Raton match is later in July. Gazaway has expressed interest in attending. I've got several Mississippi guys interested. Gazaway has hinted that next years' Oct GA match will not be an invitational but be open registration. Here's your chance to come south to shoot for 4 days in GA., maybe even 5 days if it all works out.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
BWR

Post by BWR »

Sure would like to make it down there to shoot that match. This working for a living stuff really throws a wrench in the works for making it to all the matches I'd like to attend. If the schedule for the nationals stays as I've seen posted I may try to make it to that this year. If that happens I'm sure I won't have enough time coming to make it to Riverbend. At this point I just have to wait and see what pans out.
Brad R.
8mm

Post by 8mm »

Did River bend do usual report ?...survey and all scores etc..
I'm gonna kick Quigleys hind end.
(soon as I get my crap together)
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

8mm wrote:Did River bend do usual report ?...survey and all scores etc..
Being an unregistered match we did not fill out an equipment report. Only info required was scope or irons (think we were all classless ;)).
Glenn
Woody

Post by Woody »

None of us have any class anyway. :roll:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

None of us have any class anyway. :roll:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.