Smithmoor December 22 Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor December 22 Match

Post by jackrabbit »

Fellow Shooters and Supporters,
Great match yesterday! I know I enjoyed myself. The weather turned out much better than expected and the wind actually died down as the day went on. It was cool and breezy enough that we elected to shoot from inside the building, but farther west had gale force winds and several inches of snow, so we were glad to have missed that! When we shoot from inside the building, it does not make it easy to add the fifth station, so we left it out this month. The wind was stiff enough, it would have made it difficult anyway.

We had a little smaller attendance this month, I think mostly due to this horrendous cold that seems to be going around. Coralee and several others didn't feel like shooting yesterday because of it. I know my family has not been able to shake it for several weeks now. Several shooters in attendance were also still suffering the residual effects. The sooner it runs it's course, the better!

The food department was overflowing this month!! I was in donut heaven as several folks brought boxes of the delectable delights. Momma Lorraine put together a huge plate of Christmas cookies (FYI none of them survived the match), Amber Sauer brought a bunch of super pumpkin/chocolate chip muffins, and Coralee put together a salami and cheese tray. The main course was a huge pot of ham and beans with homemade cornbread. It was all very good and enjoyed by everyone.

We had some very good shooting this month, as well as several new faces. This pleases us very much! We had Mike R. and his grand daughter Ruthann shoot for the first time. They seemed to enjoy themselves and said they would be back. Also, young Cole Sauer shot for the first time this month. He has been working hard practicing so he could come shoot and earned 1st A with a 12! Super job Cole! We also had Jeff Woodring come up from Denver and join us for the first time at the 22's. Jeff is an experienced BPCR shooter, but this was his first try at the 22's. He did very well and I suspect will be back. Mike Venard was our AA class winner this month with a 27. Mike has been steadily improving and it was good to see him do well. A couple more AAA scores and he will be moving up too!

I was very happy to award Kevin Finney with his last 1st place AAA certificate yesterday. Kevin is now a master class shooter. Kevin started at the bottom several years ago and has worked very diligently to improve his shooting. The only person there more pleased to see this than me was Kevin. Coralee and several of the other AAA shooters had a good time joking with Kevin that they were not sad to see him go as he has been winning the AAA class more often than not for the last year or so.

This will also probably be Keith Kelly's last match in the modern class. He had Wyoming Armory work over a low wall for him and has an MVA scope on order. The rifle was here, but not the scope. Keith is an old school butt kicker when it comes to shooting a rifle and I am sure we will soon see him be a force to be reckoned with. Another force is Jim Rodebaugh. We shoot a bit of a league on Thursday evenings inside the shooting shed. 50 feet offhand with 50 shots for score. It has been lots of fun and we are seeing Jim and Greg Bybee benefit. 6 chickens for Jim was super! Good job Jim, I am proud of you! was also pleased to shoot well yesterday. My dear friend Cecil is a terrific spotter and he lead me a new range record. The friendship and support I feel from all our shooters is enormous. It really feels good knowing everyone is pulling for me. Thank you all!

We want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy new year! We hope to see everyone back here at Smithmoor on January 13th for our next winter series match. Check out the Smithmoor facebook page for lots of pictures!
Sight picture and trigger pull,
Cody Smith

Shooter Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total Place
Master
Jim Rodebaugh 6 10 8 6 30
Cody Smith 9 10 10 8 37 MW and new range record
Dick Hennebry 3 10 10 8 31 1st Master
Steve Anderson 2 7 9 10 28

AAA
Cecil Sauer 4 10 7 8 29
Tom Reed 3 9 3 4 20
Kevin Finney 4 10 10 7 31 1st AAA and moves to Master next match!!
Jeff Woodring 0 10 9 9 28
Mark Pachares 2 10 8 8 28
Gary Smith 1 9 10 4 24

AA
Dick Farmer 3 7 4 4 18
Mike Venard 1 9 8 9 27 1st AA
Greg Bybee 2 8 5 6 21

A
Chase Sauer 0 7 0 1 8
Cole Sauer 0 4 1 7 12 1st A
Mike R. 0 5 1 2 8
Ruthann Holmes 1 2 2 1 6