BPTRA Scores 2019

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

COBPTR

BPTRA Scores 2019

Post by COBPTR »

We had our first match of the season this Sunday.
Everyone seemed to have a good time shooting on a beautiful day out on the high plains of Colorado.
For a full report, scores and a couple of pictures check out the new section of the BPTRA website, "Match Reports".
Be sure and read the captions at the bottom of each pic.
I'll try and remember to take more pictures next time we have a match.

https://bptra.org/

Robert Garibay
BPTRA
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
jackrabbit

Re: BPTRA Scores 2019

Post by jackrabbit »

Yahooo!!! Wish I could have been there. Thanks Robert for the info and pictures, as well as all the hard work you put into the BPTRA.
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Had great time Robert and shot about what I expected. My spotter, YOU, got me on and I scored all ten shots, 82, at 600. Didn't expect to do that well at 600. Yahoo. Will definitely be back to do it again and will be spending more time at the range at Cheyenne to get ready for your matches and mine.
COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

June 2, 2019

After a pretty tame weather day for us last May, Byers showed up today and let us know what she can do as the temps heated up and the winds came in from the South. A switchy tailwind was the prevailing condition for most of the day. Occasionally we’d have some full value winds from the East but dealing with the wind from behind played hell on everyone’s elevation knobs.
Trying to read and dial in for the let-offs was the toughest part…at least for me.

Jason Porter and Klaus Schattleitner came down from the Western Slope and it was great to see them. We had a new (to us) shooter, Scott Stephenson aka Grizz show up for his first full on BPTRA match as well. He did pretty good for his first time out.
Dick Hennebry came down again from Wyoming and is starting to look like a regular. We appreciate him making the trip and look forward to his match next weekend. See the match calendar or get ahold of Dick for more details. He’s planning a fun match next weekend with some .22 BPTR thrown in the mix.
One of the best stories of the day was Lee Kleidon. He put up a great score with some good spotting between Dick and Scott, as we ran 3 man relays. Lee just continues to improve and finished a strong 4th today. Keep it up Lee!

The match came down to who had the best spotter at the right time. Luckily I got Klaus behind the scope for me on two of my tougher relays. Klaus was not only calling my windage but was really paying attention to the tailwind and helping me with elevation calls as well. As usual he was right on the money. After a weak first relay Klaus helped me put them in the middle during pretty tough conditions for the win. Jason Porter and Klaus were right behind me in score. If not for one AD Jason would have probably finished real close or on top. Klaus had less superior spotters but was only a mere 2 points behind Jason.

The wind made for a tough day but the temps were nice. Depending on which way you left the range most of us caught heavy rain, winds and even some hail on the way home. I hope a safe trip was made home by all.

The next BPTRA match is at Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol Club June 8th & 9th. Thank you Dick for bringing the BPTRA up to Wyoming.
The next BPTRA match in Byers is July 7th. We’ll be shooting an all 1000yd match.

See you on the line!

Robert Garibay 252-3x
Jason Porter 245-2x
Klaus Schattleitner 243-2x- High Spotter
Lee Kleidon 225-0x
Scott Stephenson 192-1x
Dick Hennebry 179-1x

Robert Garibay
BPTRA
Grizz61

Post by Grizz61 »

Thanks for the kind words Robert, great match, a lot of fun.

I will be back next month.
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Thank you, Robert, for the compliments.

The biggest "THANK YOU" goes to you for organizing the match and providing medals and certificates of recognition. The timely posting of the results is exemplary of a good match director. It all makes our long trip to Byers well worth it. Jason and I had a good time and we will be back.

Thank you, Robert.
keep smiling :D
COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

7/7/2019, LR-1000 Match Report

I’ll just refer to this Sunday’s match as a “working out the kinks” match for most of us. Seemed everyone was either trying something new, trying it for the first time or trying to figure out what went wrong.
The morning started out fairly nice as far as the conditions go at Byers. I don’t think anyone should have had much more than 3-4 minutes on either side of 0 in our all 1000yd match. By the afternoon conditions picked up and were a little all over the place. Left to right, right to left, tailwinds and full on let-offs back to 0. Ten shooters had RSVP’d but life get in the way for 3 of us so we shot with 7 shooters total. 3 shooters were shooting BP loads for the first time at distance. 2 competitors had their front sights come loose, one to the point of mostly coming off. Never a good thing for longrange accuracy. I was busy getting up after most shots using my Wyoming Sight Drifter trying to re-zero my rifle. Those tools work really well IF you remember which way you should be moving your front sight. I was not one of those people. For the record, an easy rule to remember is follow the impact of your miss. So if you’re hitting too far left then drift your front sight towards the errant impact. Miss to the left, drift sight to the left. Hopefully I won’t forget next time.
With 7 shooters in attendance we ran 4 man relays for one group and one squad of 3 in the other out of necessity. I put myself in the BPTRA Rifleman class shooting by myself without a spotter. Something I enjoy doing but not necessarily with a rifle I’m trying to re-zero in conditions. Just about when we finished shooting for the day I think everyone realized what they needed to work on for the next match. Thanks to Gary Baylis for coming out again and shooting his 45-70 with BP for the first time. I think Gary will be a quick study. I noticed he finished a relay with a 10 on his last shot. Always a good way to finish! Also thanks to Steve Fogler for being up and ready early and helping me get the range ready. Steve had all the flags up for the range in no time as I was getting the pits and supplies ready. Steve is very enthusiastic when it comes to shooting these type of matches, we appreciate the support. We also had a Father/Son team come out, which is always a neat thing. Scott Stephenson brought his son Richard, is was nice to see them shooting together.
Our next match at Byers will be August 3rd and 4th. It will be our first BPTRA Midrange Championships. A Position match on Day 1 and a Prone match on Day 2. There has been some improvements to the firing lines at Byers, particularly the 500 and 600 yard line so everything will be nice, level and reshaped for your shooting pleasure. See you on the line!

Results:
1st-Robert Garibay
2nd-Kenny Wasserburger
3rd-Scott “Grizz” Stephenson
4th-Steve Fogler
5th-Gary Baylis
6th-Richard Stephenson
7th-Lee Kleidon (DNF)

Robert Garibay
BPTRA
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Wow Robert.
I can hardly wait for my August mid range match with all the issues that can happen. Hope you can make our match to help me get through the "issues"
Other than that, good write up Robert.....I feel your pain.
Dick