2019 Lone Tree Buffler Match - Polson, MT

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

2019 Lone Tree Buffler Match - Polson, MT

Post by Del »

Our annual three day Buffler Gong Match which is shot just west of Polson, MT is in the books. We had 16 shooters this year with one shooting just on Saturday. Weather was kind of nasty on Saturday but warmed up 10 degrees Sunday and was down right nice out on Monday. This match is a good precursor match for the upcoming year giving a shooter a lot of chance to read the wind and shoot long distances out to 1070 yards. Lot of fun and a great group of shooters, many who don't normally shoot other venues such as silhouette so it's a good chance to see these folks again. Pot luck on Saturday was a little blustery but the vittles were good.

Not sure what has gotten into Richie Tilton but he has been shooting like a house afire lately, winning each of the three days as well as the overall for the weekend. Congratulations Richie and keep up the good shooting!!!

Richie's brother Ed and I tied for second overall for the weekend. We got in 32 shots for score each Saturday and Sunday after our sight in periods and I believe 24 shots on Monday but I can't remember for sure and I didn't look or a photo of the scorebooks for Monday. I personally shot right a 200 rounds for all three days.

Thanks goes to Darrell Smithson and Dave Eichenlaub for putting on the match again this year. Without their efforts it wouldn't nor will it happen. Here's a link to the scores:

http://www.mtbpcr.com/2019MemorialDayLonetree.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...
SgtDog0311

Re: 2019 Lone Tree Buffler Match - Polson, MT

Post by SgtDog0311 »

Thanks for posting this. Kept looking but figured I was doing something wrong.

Sure enjoy the format!

That Richie started off with a bang didn’t he? He shot all eight the very first match wasn’t it?

You guys must have shot several matches Monday then. I need to stay on next year!