Cheyenne .22 BPTR June Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

40-65rl

Cheyenne .22 BPTR June Match

Post by 40-65rl »

The first ever .22 Black Powder Target Mid-Range match at Cheyenne is in the books. After 5 days of 75 degree weather and little or no wind Mother Nature decided to was time to challenge the little .22. The weather and other commitments reduced the number of shooters to four but shooting with good friends, even in small numbers, is better than anything else I can think I would want ever do. The day was especially good for me as Bob and Celia Teague came out with their Browning 40-65 with a Crossno liner. Bob and Celia and I shot together forever until Bob was unable to handle the recoil several years ago. Tours in Viet Nam as a tunnel rat have caught up to him. He is as tough an SOB as I know, a true Wyoming cowboy and I welcome him back shooting. Mary Zang who has supported every match at Cheyenne came and provided her usual outstanding and appreciated help with everything. Keith Kelly drove over from Pine Bluffs and had shot high power at Cheyenne before so he knew the pit routine and helped out with the less experienced folks. Thank to Keith for that. We started out shooting one shooter at a time but with weather coming in we decided the boys would shoot and the gals would work the pits then they would switch. I spotted for both shooters at a time. That can be very interesting when one is shooting scope and one is shooting irons, but somehow we made it through the match and finished about 12:30 after an 8:00 start. It is 3:00 now and hailing and heavy rain! Keith Kelly shot 276 5X for High Overall, which was fantastic considering the wind switched for West to NNW by the time we were done. He won an insulated mug and received a set of the H.M. Pope books by Warren Greatbatch and Tom Rowe and donated by Tom Rowe ($250 value). What an awesome set of prizes! Many thanks to Tom Rowe for the donation and to Jack Odor for getting them to me. Mary Zang was first in scope and shot a very good 261 2X with only three shots on the 600 yard reduced size target keeping from being a contender for first. Great shooting Mary. She won a coffee cup and a bottle of bore cleaning solution from Champion Shooters supply. Celia Teague will be a contender in future matches and although it took a few shots to get back into the swing of BPCR she came on strong at 300. Her score 166 gave her first place in irons and a coffee cup and bottle of ear plugs donated by Champion Shooters Supply. Bob struggled having to move from prone to sitting off cross sticks that are as tall as he is, he is 5"3", but, as I stated before, he is one tough SOB and no quitter. His score of 81 was enough for second in irons and he won a coffee cup. Although not a large group I was glad to have the match and will continue with the BPTR match tomorrow and the matches in August are a go also, unless we get snowed out. You never know about Wyoming. Also look for a .22 BPCR Silhouette match in at Cheyenne. Date to be determined.
Dick
AKA 40-65RL