Cheyenne BPTRA mid range math June 10

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

40-65rl

Cheyenne BPTRA mid range math June 10

Post by 40-65rl »

Dawn broke on Sunday after a night of rain. We were greeted with 40 degrees and cloudy skies with a promise of a bamy 60 degrees by late afternoon. The Wyoming wind machine was present with a 15-20 MPH steady NNW wind with the occasional Wyoming gust to 30-35 MPH. The cool day and wind all day, made it a Carhart day for most of us. Four shooters who were impervious to the cold and wind came to play the mid-range BPTRA Approved BPTR game at Cheyenne, so we got started about 9:15. Michael Rix drove up from Denver after dropping his wife off at Denver International Airport, Bryan Youngberg and Vern Fauss drove the 180 miles from Casper, Wyoming to Cheyenne. The fourth shooter was new to the game. Jeff Dierksen came to the pits just as I was leaving on Saturday and was asking about what we’re doing and indicated he had a C. Sharps in 45-110 and thought he would give this target game a try on Sunday. He was good to his word and welcomed in the fearsome foursome. After a full day for shooting the 200, 300 and 600 yard position and any match Michael Rix was first in position with a 230X, Bryan Youngberg taking first in any with a 272 5X, you know he has shot in some Wyoming wind before. Vern Fauss got second place in any with 226 3X and Jeff Dierksen was third with a very good first time score of 206. All shooters received Swiss powder, donated by Swiss, for their efforts. Michael Rix also won a coin flip and received a set of the H.M. Pope books by Warren Greatbatch and Tom Rowe and donated by Tom Rowe ($250 value). What an awesome set of prizes! Many thanks to Tom Rowe for the book donation and to Jack Odor for getting the books to me. Prizes donated are greatly appreciated. All in all, even with Wyoming weather being the factor it can be, folks had a good time and the time spent with good friends and meeting new friends make the effort necessary to have these matches very worthwhile for me. Look forward to the next match in August.
desert deuce

Re: Cheyenne BPTRA mid range math June 10

Post by desert deuce »

Thank you for the informative match report. Envious of those Tom Rowe books for awards/prizes.

Heard rumors about the winds of Wyoming. Have noticed Youngberg wears the wind strap down even when the wind is not blowing, yet. That is a good indicator the wind is expected at any moment.

If it is true that every journey begins with the first step, it looks like you are off to a good start.

Keep up the fun.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
40-65rl

Re: Cheyenne BPTRA mid range math June 10

Post by 40-65rl »

We are having fun, being with good friends, I have know Michael and Bryan for over 20 years, and bring in a new shooter was frosting on the cake.