Butte July Club Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

Butte July Club Match

Post by Del »

Being just a couple of weeks after the Montana State Match as well as Raton, the July match is generally not well attended and it was so again this year. We did have 10 BPCR folks show up as well a 4 HP guys, however, so it was a match. The HP guys didn't track their scores, though, and I'm not sure what was up with that??

The weather on both days was pretty similar with nice cool, calm mornings up until we started to shoot! Saturday about half way through the match a strong storm blew through so we called a halt for about half an hour to let the storm go by so we didn't have to deal with the issues of lightning or soaking our guns and stuff. Sunday didn't have the bad storm blow through but there was still plenty of wind and lots of dark clouds causing big light changes on the targets. The cloud shadows were moving at 30 or 40 miles an hour! This made Iron Sights kind of hard because there was bright skyline with dark targets, then bright targets against a dark background, then reverse. Kind of weird lighting. Also, with the storms rolling through, the wind would be pushing to the Northeast as they approached, then as they were going over and past the wind would change to the Southwest with wind calls of 5 to 6 minutes one way, then the same the other way. Made for a fun day of shooting! If it was dead calm with perfect lighting, what fun would there be in that?

It sure made for some weird things going on out at the targets, though. It was super strange where at times you might have a strong mirage running left to right but you might have to have 2 or 3 minutes of right in to hit the target. Then the mirage might change directions but you didn't have to add more right, so the mirage was very deceiving. But the flags also didn't show the truth consistently either. There was a lot of strangeness going on...

The good thing about the storms was that it was supposed to in the low 90's both days but with the storms rolling through, a few times we had to put coats on because it cooled off so much.

Here's a link to the scores on my mtbpcr.com site:

http://www.mtbpcr.com/2019ButteJuly.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...