2019 Montana State Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

2019 Montana State Championship

Post by Del »

The 2019 Montana State Championship held at Butte is in the history books. It was a four day shoot extending from June 27th - 30th. There was a .22BPCR match scheduled on Wednesday and everyone showed up except the weather. I wasn't there but I guess that is dumped rain with a bunch of wind about the time they were going to start so they decided to cancel that event. About 45 minutes later it all cleared off and was nice again but everyone had already put all their stuff away so it was decided to scrub that event.

One of our favorite Canadians, Charles Cummings, took the overall followed by one of our favorite Oregonians, Stan Huston for 2nd Overall. Like I mentioned above, I wasn't at this event due to health issues, so I don't know much about what went on as far as weather and issues at the match, but I did notice when posting the scores that there were five shooters that tied for 3rd place overall and it was settled in a shootoff. This must have been fun to watch, with Dave Henninger winning for 3rd overall, then to solve the master places, Butch Ulsher came in 1st Master, followed by Dave Toavs for 2nd Master. To solve the AAA scores, Trent Schutte came in 1st AAA followed by Cary Thorogood for 2nd AAA.

Tristan Huxtable (AA) beat out his dad, Bill (AAA) with a fine score of 51 overall. He won't be in the AA class for long at that rate! His mother, Penny, was High Woman with a 42 and his sister Mary was High Junior with a 30, and Mary is working on Chickens standing up!

Charles Cummings won the "Older Than Dirt" Super Senior award and Stan Huston won the "Almost as Old as Dirt" Senior award. I sure hope I can shoot as good as them when I grow up too!

Here's a link to the scores: http://www.mtbpcr.com/2019MontanaStateChampionship.html
Fortune Favors the Bold...