Friendship July 19-21

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship July 19-21

Post by Woody »

Hot and Humid!! When the rest of the Mid-west was hiding indoors, to avoid the heat wave, a group of riflemen gathered at Friendship's Walter Kline Range for a weekend of fun and comradeship with some Silhouette shooting thrown in.

Friday, was the .22 match. Two classes, modern and traditional. I forgot to get the scores recorded, so I can't relate who, what, or with what other than to say the Keith Ux won modern using a Martini and Woody won traditional using a Winchester Low Wall. I'll do better with results next time.

After the match, several of us threw some beef on the flames and enjoyed a pitch-in dinner. Afterwords, too hot for a campfire, but we still sat around and solved the world's problems for the evening.

Saturday dawned clear, hot, and humid. 32 shooters waited for the morning fog to lift. 8 with iron sights and 24 rifles topped with scopes. I don't think I've seen so many water bottles on the shooting line. I must have drank five or six bottles myself as the day progressed. Winds were mild, but seemed to switch while the bullet was in-flight. Lots of sweat bands and towels were in evidence, but we persevered. At the end of the day, scores were down, reflecting the difficult conditions.

Iron result:

Jim Shride - 19 - High Master
Woody - 21 - High AAA
Gary Truit - 17 - High A/B

Scope result:

Mel Barnell - 27 - High Master
Keith Ux - 26 - High AAA
Garty Thurman - 26 - High AA
David Huffman - 18 - High A/B

Overall Match Winner was 18 year old Andy Gifford posting a 29. Andy's spotter was his dad Tim, who was all smiles.

Sunday started off with more of the same weather. More water, more towels, more sweat. A few less shooters, 26, but still an impressive turnout, considering the conditions. Still mild but tricky winds to challenge those that chose to contest.

Iron result:

Jim Shride - 19 - High Master
Joe Hill - 23 - High AAA

Scope result:

Bob Johnson - 25 - High Master
Steve Callaway - 27 - High AAA
Gary Thurman - 24 - High AA
David Huffman - 27 - High A/B

Overal Match Winner was the newly minted AAA Willie Pool with a 29. Willie's spotter was Jim Shride and Woody.

See you guys next month when the NMLRA will host the match, a two day agg. Come join us.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
jackrabbit

Re: Friendship July 19-21

Post by jackrabbit »

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the write-up!