Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol Club .22 BPCR Mid-Range Match Report

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

40-65rl

Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol Club .22 BPCR Mid-Range Match Report

Post by 40-65rl »

I arrived at the range at 7 am to an overcast sky and a light, 5-10 mph West wind and a 57 degree temperature. This going to be perfect and I was sure we would see a 300 multiple X score. Things did not work out quite that way but several very good scores were shot. After a quick safety meeting and few words of wisdom about how to run the targets up and down and how to change out the different range targets we headed for the 200 yard line. We had several no shows so the match director did not shoot, darn, but had six shooters who were ready to try this new game for most of them. Shooters included multi time Schuetzen National Champion and .22 BPCRA national Champion Jack Odor, BPCR National top spotter, paper patch expert who was forced to shooter greasers, Kenney Wasserburger, Steve Anderson, inventor of the Wyoming Sight Drifter, Mark Pachares, Accomplished .22 BPCRA silhouette competitor and Marine veteran. Rounding out the group were John Madden and Brian Haffey, both from near the Canadian border in Idaho. Didn’t know them but they are excellent folks and were a welcome and an enjoyable addition to the group. As good a group of competitors as one could ask for on this beautiful day. The 200 yard target proved to be what I expected with five targets scored at 100 with one shooting an 8 X. The 300 yard target was posted and the first relay shot and all seemed to going according to plan. Then, out of nowhere we got about 100 light rain drops and the light west wind started doing really crazy things. One flag was going North at 25 mph and another flag down range was down with no wind showing, then out of nowhere the down range flag would jump up and blow hard west and then, just as quickly as it started it switched to the East, then back to nothing. Challenging to say the least. Spotters were really doing a great job but as fast as they made a wind call the flag would change. Several spotters were heard saying “I don’t know where that came from but now look at the flag” An X suddenly became an 8 or 9. It stayed that way for the next two relays and the first two relays at 600 faced similar difficulties. Then the wind calmed and then shortly after the wind calmed the match was over. Surviving through all this was John Madden who shot a remarkable 291 10X for HOA for the day. John was the only iron sight shooter and was using a Crossno liner. First in the any class, was Mark Pachares, never doubt a marine with a rifle, with another very good score of 287 9X. Jack Odor got caught up in the switching winds but was second just two points behind with 285 11X. Other scores are: Kenny Wasserburger 287 9X, Brian Haffey, 285 5X and Steve Anderson, 267 8X. All in all it was a great day of friendship and shooting, what more could one ask for. After the awards the discussion turned to we got done too early. They wanted more shooting!!! So, it was decided that next year there will be 15 shots on each target not the normal 10 for score. The game is evolving and the shooters are making this game go. Look for matches on the second weekend of June, July and August in 2020. Our BPTRA matches will also continue to grow in 2020, same weekends.