August 2019 NMLRA Silhouette Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

August 2019 NMLRA Silhouette Championship

Post by Woody »

37 shooters showed up over the weekend in Friendship, Indiana to contest the NMLRA Silhouette Championship.

On Friday, the .22 targets were set, and if memory serves 32 shooters vied for top modern and top tradional. Our .22 matches our growing, come join us.

Modern rifle was won by Joe Forecamp with a 33 and 8 chickens. Joe has become a heck of a chicken blaster.

Tradional rifle was won by Woody, also with a 33, but only 4 chickens.

Again, sorry I didn't get the rest of the scores.

Saturday dawned dead calm with 4 relays planned to contest for the championship. At the end of the day the 10 iron sight shooters were led by Jim Perrin, 25, followed by Tony Walker, also with a 25, but one less chicken. The 24 Scope shooters were led by Dutch Grawmeyer , with a 31 followed by Karen Chase with a 30. Of note, Jim has not been able to shoot a match in about a year and Karen put all 30 prone animals off of the rails. Dutch's 31 was the only master score fired on Saturday.

Sunday started out dead calm again with 4 relays. 2 new shooters joined the Iron sighters, but 2 had to go home. Georgia's Doug Gazeway let the way with a 28 and so took high Iron sight agg with a 51, followed by Marshall Chase with a 48 agg for high master, Grant Brown with a 47 for high AAA and Steve Calaway shooting a 48 for high AA.

Scope also lost one and gained a shooter. Again 24 shooters jostled for top honors with Marc O'Mally coming from behind with an impressive 34 to win the day and post a 60 agg to win top shooter. Newly minted AAA shooter, Willie Pool, shot his first master score of 31 to post a 59 agg and win High Scope Agg. Dutch Grawmeyer held off the other Master class shooters to post a 56 high master agg. Karen Chase didn't slow down and also posted a 56 for 1st AAA agg. Doyle Clark posted a 52 agg for high AA and Richard Gardner finished with a 30 for 1st A/B.

Great weekend. Thanks to the NMLRA for hosting the match. Next month, Miami BPCR will be hosting a 100 shot match. 60 on Sat and 40 on Sun. Don't forget the .22 match on Friday. Come on over.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ian45662

Re: August 2019 NMLRA Silhouette Championship

Post by ian45662 »

Good to see ya woody. I didn’t realize that willie shot a 31. I owe him a congratulations