WY State 22 BPCRA Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Re: WY State 22 BPCRA Championship

Post by TexasMac »

Cody,

If I'm not mistaken you’re on the 22BPCRA Board of Directors. If so than you are in a position to pass along my opinion on some of the main reasons the 22BPCRA website is not a popular site. Don’t take the following comments the wrong way. I and some of the .22BPCRA members I’ve discussed this with would like to see the website be a popular site to exchange information. With the demise of some of the other BPCR sites including the BPCR.net site, which is on its last leg so to speak, we need as many good sites as possible dedicated to the sport.

Your comment “…kind of quit frequenting it due to lack of anything new” is indicative to some extent about the popularity of the site. I believe that very few frequent it due to the unfriendly software.

The 22BPCRA site is not user friendly. It may be due to whoever set up the site or the software that powers it. Following are just some of the problems:
1) No way to notify anyone when a reply is posted to an interesting thread
2) No search capabilities
3) No usable information in some of the pull-down screens, e.g. the Contact or BPCR Nationals
4) Unable to email the Webmaster, whoever that is, if any problems are encountered such as trying to register or sign on. The bottom of the Match Information screen lists “Email me at: webmaster” which does not work & neither does the Contact screen as noted above.
5) No listing of the Board of Directors or how to contact them. Since the site advertises itself as “Home of 22 BPCR Association” it should do a better job of representing the Association.

Since I have my own limited website, which is not interactive, I know it takes a lot of work and dedication to support and update a website, especially an interactive one, which is certainly why some of the BPCR sites have had past and more current problems.

Remember, DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER”.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Lol!! No shooting needed! I appreciate the feedback Wayne and have had some of your same thoughts. Most of the board of directors read this forum and I am sure they will see your post, but I will be sure and make sure it is discussed at our next meeting. Like everything in the 22 BPCRA, It has been built and maintained all by volunteers donating their time and all of their hard work is very much appreciated.

Wayne, are you interested in setting up a new website and forums for us? If not any suggestions on how to go about doing it? I would but I am so computer illiterate, it's not funny. My wife has to turn mine on for me......
Thanks, Cody
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Cody,

I know it’s easy to set back and criticize. And I would help out if I had the time and expertise but have a hard time keeping my rudimentary website updated. As I mentioned, it’s not an interactive site, only a depository for my articles and a convenient method to sell my book on the Browning BPCRs. Using Aabaco, Yahoo’s Small Business website software, I was finally able to set up the site but struggled a bunch during the process. There’s no way I have the experience to tackle the kind of site required for 22BPCRA.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

The web page on FB has quite a bit of activity on it. It is administered by a member of the board of directors.

KW
The Lunger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 am The web page on FB has quite a bit of activity on it. It is administered by a member of the board of directors.
KW
The Lunger
Kenny,

FB???

Wayne
Kenny Wasserburger

Face Book.

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:29 pm Face Book.
KW
Ah yes, the ubiquitous Facebook. You couldn't pay me enough to be a member.

Wayne
Kenny Wasserburger

Yup,

And yet, here you set, in the f..ing Dark. Uninformed and unaware.

KW.
The Lunger

TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:30 pm Yup,
And yet, here you set, in the f..ing Dark. Uninformed and unaware.
KW.
The Lunger
Be nice Kenny. BTW, uninformed about and unaware of what? Or was it something I said that got your "dander up"?

Wayne
Del

Post by Del »

jackrabbit wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am Cody Smith 4 10 10 9 33 1st
Coralee Smith 6 10 8 10 34 1st
Cody,

Coralee was more firster than your first! Just sayin'... :lol:
Fortune Favors the Bold...