Oklahoma City gun Club 22 bpcr match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Oklahoma City gun Club 22 bpcr match

Post by Glen Ring »

Today we had a 60 round match and had 24 shooters. We used well kept and maintained free standing targets.
We had rams and pigs that failed to go down with good, solid hits.
John Gage won with a 49 and we had several scores of 48.
The new, re engineered targets made by Dan Zimmerman worked perfectly.
For our regional next month we've decided to use the reset targets as I can see NO difference in reliability and they are MUCH faster for one of the target setters..ME!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
40-65rl

Re: Oklahoma City gun Club 22 bpcr match

Post by 40-65rl »

Glad to see you made a final decision, again, and again, and again. So back to 60 shots, again, and again and again. Glad you can make the tough decisions Glenn, Whatever, I'll be there. Just kidding ya Glenn.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Dick
My entire life has been based on the ebbs and flows of life's forces..lifeforce is a fluid environment being pulled this way and that by unseen yin and yang forces and I must instantly adapt and make split second decisions. ....

No ..that's total BS.
You had a gripe about reset tables, I had a gripe about reset tables, the other guys in the club had gripes about free standing so we had a match today to prove which is best. Resets won.

We hired a new target setter ...she was MUCH faster than me. So now we can do a 60 shot match instead of the 40.
Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman »

Glenn,

Glad to see some other ranges testing both target settings...real world feedback is awesome and throws a wet blanket on those with strong opinions one way or the other. Maybe now some folks will again come to Nationals to shoot the dreaded resettable targets. I still love to see the little chickens dance and fly but the speed of resetting can't be overlooked.

Kenny T.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Dan did an amazing job of solving the Chicken dilemma. I personally proved they don't fail with rail hits three times yesterday. :lol:

Hopefully, there will be no more taking (or giving) an "X" for rail hits.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I must confess initially not liking the reset targets because flying chickens make me giggle...in any silhouette sport.
Yesterday proved that Dan Zimmerman's targets are actually EASIER to knock down on pigs and rams than free standing.

The chicken dilemma was solved by master engineer and machinist Dan Zimmerman, who does SO much for the shooting sports.
No one shot chickens very well yesterday and there were many, MANY rail hits and not ONE falling chicken that wasn't struck by a bullet.

I foresee the overall chicken count being more realistic now and the true chicken shooters will shine again.

I will be setting targets at our regional also and I can say at the end of yesterday I REALLY liked reset targets and dislikes free standing!

From a shooter's point of view AND from a target setters point of view it's a win for both with these reset targets.