OKC 89er SHOOTOUT RESULTS

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jeanne Ring

OKC 89er SHOOTOUT RESULTS

Post by Jeanne Ring »

The OKC .22BPCR/BPCR Regional was this past weekend. We had shooters from Arkansas, Iowa, Wyoming, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri. Everyone had a great time visiting and catching up with folks. Six competitors brought RVs and stayed on the range for even more camaraderie in the evenings.

Friday was a beautiful Oklahoma day with light winds and temps in the high 80s. We had 36 shooters for the .22BPCR match. At the end of the match, we had three-man teams on three chickens, shooting against each other. First team to get all chickens down advanced to the next round. We had some really good chicken shooters so it was very exciting to watch. The winners of that side match, winning framed $50 bills, were Ken Sterling, Tony Smith, and Bill Wing. We had framed $50 bills for high animal count, so we ended up in a three-way shootoff between Mike Bassett, Barry Miller, and Randy Rannberg, each having shot 7 chickens, with Mike ending up the winner. Our High Pig, High Turkey, and High Ram were decided by reverse animal to chickens. The winners of those are Mike Basset High Pig, Randy Rannberg High Turkey, and Bryan Rosenbaum High Ram.

Winners of the Iron Class are:

1ST BRYAN ROSENBAUM 48
2ND BARRY MILLER 45
3RD JOE SCOTT 45

MASTER

1ST DON FAULKENBERRY 45
2ND KEVIN GRIGGS 42
3RD KELLY MCNITT 35

AAA

1ST MICK STERLING 41
2ND JOHN MADDEN 40
3RD CHARLES SCHROEDER 38

Winners of the Scope Class are:

1ST RANDY RANNBERG 50
2ND KEN STERLING 48
3RD MIKE BASSETT 47

MASTER

1ST VANCE BALLEW 47
2ND BILL WING 47
3RD JOHN GAGE 46

AAA

1ST FINNEY CLAY 44
2ND BRAD SWENSON 41
3RD OWEN GOLAY 39

AA

1ST KEVIN ALEXANDER 34

We didn't have a High Woman award, but Bill Wing generously donated a beautiful shooting box for the High Woman. Winner of High Woman was:

Jeanne Ring 45

Saturday was the first 40 rounds of our 80-round match. We had 32 competitors. We started off the day with a lot of fog so delayed starting about thirty minutes. Then day then cleared off and we had light winds and temps in the mid-90s. Same conditions for Sunday.

At the end of the match Saturday while we were waiting for dinner to be delivered, we had a Tactical Buffalo Rifle match with a full-size neon green chicken being held hostage in front of the pigs at 300. It was surprising how many hit that pig and not the chicken. We will have to come up with something more challenging for next year. Winner of that match, winning a framed $100 bill, was Rick Hladky.

Glenn then put neon green tenth-scale pigs at 200 and a few competitors had a go at that. Amazingly, an iron sight shooter was the winner of that. Winning a framed $50 bill was Mick Sterling.

Our High Chicken went to Vance Ballew with 9, High Pig was Glenn Ring with 20, High Turkey was Wayne McLerran with 19, and High Ram was Tony Reynolds with 17, all receiving framed $50 bills.

Our Iron Sight match was tied at 52 between Bryan Rosebaum and Jase Humes, with Bryan ending up on top after an exciting shootoff.

Winners of the Iron Sight Match were:

1ST BRYAN ROSENBAUM 52
2ND JASE HUMES 52
3RD JOE SCOTT 49

MASTER

1ST OWEN GOLAY 47

AAA

1ST CHRIS GOOD 50
2ND CHARLES SCHROEDER 48
3RD KEVIN GRIGGS 47

AA/A

1ST LINCOLN SMITH 40

Winners of the Scope Match were:

1ST TONY REYNOLDS 61
2ND VANCE BALLEW 57
3RD WAYNE MCLERRAN 57

MASTER

1ST HARLAN GLOVER 53
2ND DAN ZIMMERMAN 52

AAA

1ST BILL WING 56
2ND GLENN RING 54
3RD NICK RESETZ 47
4TH TODD TULLIO 44

AA

1ST KEVIN ALEXANDER 55
2ND MICK STERLING 50

A/B

1ST DICK HENNEBRY 41
2ND DAVID SMITH 30

VANCE BALLEW was our Iron Man, combining scores from .22BPCR and BPCR, with a 104.

Congratulations to all.
TexasMac

Re: OKC 89er SHOOTOUT RESULTS

Post by TexasMac »

My thanks to Jeanne & Glenn for organizing and directing on a couple of well-run excellent matches. The Oklahoma City Gun Club has a very nice facility with plenty of cover over the wide concrete shooting line. The big bore silhouettes are remote (compressed-air) resettable. The 22BPCR silhouettes were quickly reset by one person using the same system as was used at the Raton Nationals.

I was one of the 6 competitors with an RV and was wondering if it was a wise decision to bring it when the heavy rain and lightning moved in later in the evening following the .22 match. Fortunately the possible strong winds and hail in the forecast did not materialize & the storm was over well before the next morning.

I certainly enjoyed the matches and hope that Jeanne & Glenn decide to hold it again next year. I put a lot of faces with names and was called upon to quickly tear apart a Browning that failed to cock. What I figured was a broken hammer sear spring turned out to be a small hunk of lead that locked up the sear. I was able to get it back together in time for the shooter to fully complete the match.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

Match directors have a thankless job for the most part but I'm here to tell ya'll that you put on a good match, thank you very much and I hope you make it an annual event. I like good competition and ya'll had it with 11 master and 12 AAA shooters of the 32 people present. Winds there were tricky and misleading but we got it figured out the second day and made a pretty good run. Thanks again and hope to see ya'll next year if not sooner, maybe Texas?

HG
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Wayne
We're glad you enjoyed the match. That was our first BPCR regional and after meeting and cutting up with all the nice folks, we will try to put on another regional next year.
The people make the match and I can honestly say this was the best bunch of folks that I have shot with in 10 years. You guys and gals made it easy for us. Jeanne always strives to give at least 95% payback to the shooter...This match was 98%..not counting the donated door prizes.
When Lincoln Smith's 1885 stopped working I think he thought he was done for the match. I announced the part he needed, Chris Good had the part and who was there to work on the gun??? YOU, the world's leading authority on Japanese made 1885 BPCR rifles.
Your book is VERY well written and extremely informative...it's a manual I will keep forever and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.

Harlan
I had never heard you guys names in the shooting circles but if you three will go to the Nationals next year I predict EVERYONE will know you.
You Jace and Tony were gentlemen and great competitors.

All the nice folks shooting BPCR have almost made me decide to give up the other Silhouette sports and shoot only BPCR.
The best part is Jeanne wants to try BPCR!! It's hard to imagine a 60 year old woman STARTING such a sport, but if she likes it I'll make two predictions...#1 . I'll lose my 40-65 to her and #2. Some of you guys will be worried when she shows at a match.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.