Eastern Regional at Ridgway

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

John Bly

Eastern Regional at Ridgway

Post by John Bly »

I just got in from the Eastern Regional BPCR Silhouette match at Ridgway, PA. It was a 60 shot match on Sat with a 40 shot match on Sun. The weather was about as good as anyone could expect with bright sunny skies with little wind on both days. The competition was fierce. I don't have the scores or all the results but the overall winners in scope were: 1st place Brian Chilson. This was only his 2nd match since his accident and he is not 100% yet but still better than most. 2nd place was Karen Chase from MI. She has really come on strong this year and has become a force to be reckoned with. 3rd place went to Mark Chronister from PA, another who has come on strong the past several years.

In the iron sight match 1st place went to Jim Deitlin from MI, a consistent shooter who at nearly 70 can still shoot those iron sights. 2nd place went to Dave Heeter, a consistent PA shooter who is always tough to beat. 3rd overall went to John Bly, yes, yours truly who at 72 can still see those critters well enough to knock a lot of them down.

I hope someone will post the entire results later. It was good to see some folks I only see once a year and to meet some new faces. Even though the competition is fierce the atmosphere is very friendly and with the layout it is a unique range.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
SSShooter

Re: Eastern Regional at Ridgway

Post by SSShooter »

Was an excellent match with a good turnout (35?). Since the line was paved last year it a very pleasant range. As John said, great weather and only enough breeze to take you off the animal if you missed a call. Did not matter if it was a headwind or a tailwind, seemed to take one low. We shot with Brian Chilson and even his 'local knowledge' (is Brian's home range) couldn't guarantee a 10 or 15 pin on the stick animals with the ups & downs. Wish I could say I shot as well as John, but after a 2-year layoff I was just happy to be shooting again (did manage 1st AAA on day-1 and a tie for 2nd AAA on day-2 & agg). Congrats to all the match winners. Looking forward to next match at Ridgway. There is talk of a 22BPCR match, which would be a nice additional.
Glenn
GrumpyBear

Re: Eastern Regional at Ridgway

Post by GrumpyBear »

It was an excellent ,well run match, with great conditions. It was nice to meet folks from the forum face to face. Looking forward to the October match. My best match to date, I managed first in A class iron sights,both days.No ten pins, but 5 pins, in pigs and turkeys.