Forsyth Long Range Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mike herth

Re: Forsyth Long Range Match

Post by mike herth »

Is the Montana 1000 cancelled as well? Looks like similar weather and fire conditions.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Is the Montana 1000 cancelled as well? Looks like similar weather and fire conditions.
semtav

Post by semtav »

mike herth wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:40 am Is the Montana 1000 cancelled as well? Looks like similar weather and fire conditions.
Not that I know of . just decided to cancel the local match to lesson the risk so the 1000 doesnt get cancelled. Probably not enough grass to burn anymore
semtav

Post by semtav »

Name--------------------800--------------900-------------1000-------------total
Elwyn Brunner-----------4-----------------4-----------------3----------------11
Laurie Keller-------------6-----------------1-----------------0----------------7
Deith Allies---------------6-----------------3-----------------3---------------12
Claudia Kajin-------------2-----------------1-----------------4---------------7

Mike Caprata-------------6----------------2------------------3---------------11
Rick Smith----------------8----------------5------------------3---------------16
Kim Williams-------------5----------------3------------------1----------------9
Al Kajin-------------------2----------------2-------------------4----------------8

OK, no comments about how long it took me to post these !!!
I had to hack my wife's facebook page to get them !!!
semtav

Post by semtav »

Couldn't ask for a nicer day. Mike wanted me to make sure everyone knew we were shooting in 30-40 mph winds. but they never materialized.
Glad I could finally get to shoot a match again. Dave had the hot hand today. Wes brought his 40-70 BN and was all over the place so He's scratched that off his match list.
Dave was shooting GG bullets over BH 209 and I was shooting PP bullets over Swiss 1.5 so it really came down to the shooter today.

Name............................800.......................900.........................1000.....................total
Elwyn Brunner....................8..........................6.............................6........................20.....scope
Al Kajin...........................3..........................4.............................5........................12
Brian Schwend...................6..........................10............................8........................24
Gene Gamble....................10.........................7.............................4........................21......scope
Dave Gamble.....................8..........................8.............................9........................25 MW

Claudia Kajin....................7...........................4.............................2........................13
Dex Hight........................6...........................4.............................2........................12......scope
Mike Herth.......................5...........................6.............................6........................17
Wes Gamble.....................6...........................3.............................3.........................12
Gary Campbell...................8...........................4.............................2........................14

1200 yd buffalo

Elwyn......5
Dex........1
Mike.......0
Wes.......3
Gene......3
Dave......6 MW
semtav

Post by semtav »

First time using these bore pigs at a match.
I was pretty happy with the results.
Was pretty warm and sunny with little humidity.
Shot the 900 and 1000 back to back without stopping.
Barrel got pretty hot. But never missed a beat.
Used pure water and a dry patch behind the pig.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Brian, great shooting! Is that the rifle and load you did so well with earlier this year?
semtav

Post by semtav »

Yes.
It's the only rifle I've shot at long range last yr and this year. Browning 45 2 7/8 with 34" 16 twist SS Barrel.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Don’t ever let that rifle go! All the variables are in sync.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Sunset.jpg

Really hard to beat a November day like today !! Even finished with lots of daylight left :lol:
Not much more to say. Kim had his newly rebarreled 45-90 shooting well .

----------------------------------------800---------------900-------------1000-----------TOTAL
Elwyn Brunner.........................6..................2.................7...............15 1st Scope
Claudia Kajin.........................6..................1..................1...............8
Dex Height............................5..................6..................2..............13 scope
Dave Gamble.........................10.................7..................4...............21 3rd
Kim Williams.........................9...................7..................5..............21 2nd

Mike Caprata.........................3..................2..................1...............6
Al Kajin................................5..................1..................5..............11
Gene Gamble.........................2..................6..................5...............13 scope
Gary Campbell........................8..................3..................4...............15
Brian Schwend........................8..................9..................5...............22 MW

1200 yd Buffalo

Mike C....................2
Dex H.....................4
Gene G...................4
Kim W....................6
Elwyn B...................4
Dave G...................4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
semtav

Post by semtav »

The day started out a cool 20 deg and ended up in the mid 60's. Perfect day for shooting a long range match !!!
All went well until the 1000 yd target. Being the gentlemen we are, our relay let the other relay shoot first, with the stipulation they leave us a clean target !! Then we laughed and laughed and laughed when they actually obliged us . The laughing didn't last much longer when we started to shoot, altho I'm pretty sure I would have heard a few snickers coming from that other group if I wasn't so deaf.
In the end, it was Gene Gamble's 3 hits on the 1000 yd target that earned him the win.
Fun was had by all and I'm sure we will be back for another lesson in humility in a month.
And if you think the 1000 yd target was bad, you shoulda seen the 1200 yd buffalo !!

NAME................................800.........................900..................1000........................TOTAL
ELWYN BRUNNER...................8............................4.......................1...........................13 SCOPE
KIM WILLIAMS......................6.............................7......................2............................15
DAVE GAMBLE......................8............................6.......................2............................16
TRENT PFAFFINGER................4.............................3.......................3...........................10

MIKE CAPRATA.....................6.............................2.......................2...........................10
BRIAN SCHWEND..................8.............................7........................2...........................17
GENE GAMBLE.....................8.............................6........................3...........................17 MW SCOPE
GARY CAMPBELL................. 7..............................4.......................3............................14
semtav

Post by semtav »

No match tomorrow. Too muddy.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Thanks Brian.
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

HOw many shots are taken in this match?
beltfed/arnie
semtav

Post by semtav »

beltfed wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:53 pm HOw many shots are taken in this match?
beltfed/arnie
Well none actually!!

But if we would have, 36 +12 ea.